Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased and brought her home last night :thumbup:

The dealer told me I was the first to take possession of the car in New Jersey and possibly the US. I am not sure if that is true but I am very happy with the purchase.

Last night I went to my my local dealer, traded in my 2009 Acura TL with over 80,000 miles, and purchased a 2014 Mazda 6. It was the dealer's showroom model but I was the 1st one to take it for a test drive. It had 3 miles on the car when I got to the showroom and 8 miles after my test drive.

The car was a GT with the added active cruise control and forward obstruction warning package in Soul Red with black leather. That was the exact way I was looking to purchase the car so I was happy it was shown that way in the showroom. Now my dealer will be without a model to show for the next few weeks. The color is absolutely beautiful in person.

I did pay sticker as my negotiation was focused on my trade in value. I must have spent a good 4 hours at the dealer. Of course as soon as I took possession, it started raining. I am happy to report with wipers work very well :lol:

I will have to spend some time this weekend looking over the manual.

For any non-believers, here is a quick pic I took of her from the doorway of my garage this morning:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Awesome! If it was my car though, I saw this at dealership, I'd get a new grill cus the giant Mazda logo is ugly tbh haha! But it's one sexy car

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I doubt there will be mods for anything for awhile unless its custom made.

And am i the only one who thinks that looks like a mitsubishi front end?
Dont get me wrong i like how it looks though.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Very nice!

The front grill does kinda have the Mitsubishi look.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
If it's got the cruise/forward obstruction camera, it NEEDS the logo, since the logo is actually a plastic plate that the camera hides behind. It's not an actual plastic piece like on the 1st and 2nd-gen cars.

:welcome9: to the 6Club, Alan. :wavey: IIRC, you are indeed the first U.S. member of 6Club to take possession of a 3rd-gen. Congrats!

Of course, more pics are required in this thread, along with driving impressions and other observations, so us other members can sit here and :drool:.

Also, please list your location on the left side (under the username and pic), so we have a better idea of where the 3rd-gens are hitting the roads.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Congrats & enjoy!

@IHeartGroceries; Here's an actual owner you can pester :)

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
My goodness that car looks beautiful, congrats!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! My dealer rep said she sold a Mazda 6, 2 days ago. Wish that was me, but I am holding out for the Touring MTX.

Post pics and more info when you can!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful new ride. In comparison to your 2009 Acura TL, how does the drive compare? Does your 6 seem that much more underpowered in comparison to the more powerful but much heavier TL. How is the manual shifting in comparison to the Acura transmission? Can't wait to see more pictures. It sure looks nice sitting in your garage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the congratulations. I will try to get some pictures over the weekend. Looks like another day of rain today in Central Jersey. I have a feeling my purchase brought on the rain :)

The car is handling well. It sticks well to the road and the steering is very responsive. I thought the 19" wheels would give a harsher ride but I am happy to report that it does not. The tires on my Acura TL were going bald a few months back. Since I knew I wasn't going to keep the car, I purchased a new set of Michelins off someone on Craigslist for $200 for a set of 4. The difference was the newer set were low profile. It took my Acura from a softer feel to harsher one. The feel of the road on the Mazda 6 is not as soft as my Acura with the original tires but actually a little less harsh than my Acura with the replacement tires. The steering feel and overall handling feels quite similar to my 2009 Acura TL. The braking on the car gives a nice stopping distance. You do have to hit the gas pedal a little more than my Acura but I haven't had a hard time merging on to the highway.

I am loving the blind spot monitoring. When you put on your turn signal it gives little beeps when someone is in your blind spot on that side. It also flashes a subdued light in the mirror as cars pass. Yes, you can just turn your head back to achieve the same goal but think of it like a backup camera for the rear quarter panel. It can be turned off if you don't want it. There is still plenty to learn about the car which I won't have time for until the weekend. Still need to set up my garage door homelink and Sirius radio over the weekend. I was listening to my iPhone music on the drive home yesterday through the Mazda radio.

Please note that these were just first impressions from one drive back from the dealer and a commute back and forth to work. I'll be back with updates and pictures after the weekend.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Great review! Sounds like a truly awesome car. How much did you get for the TL if you don't mind...and how much did you come out of the dealer paying for the 6 (forgive me for not knowing pricing and such for each model). Are there any tech features you don't have?

I see how it looks like a Mitsubishi...to me I think it is mostly how the front of the hood is not at the edge of the bumper...much like the Evo X. In that angle of the pic, to me the grill actually reminds me of the shape of a Volvo grill.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
448 Posts
How's the sound system? I have a 2007 6i GT and the BOSE system is horrid. I've replaced it, but I'm wondering how the new system sounds in comparison.

In addition, how does the mufflers sound inside and outside of the car?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That's the exact color combo I will be looking to get, but when the diesel comes out. But I do have some quick basic questions! :)

1. What is the sticker price on the top of the line? (which based on the Mazda chart includes NAV, Xenons, etc as standard?)

2. How do the HD stations sound on the HD radio?

3. Does the car have rear LED tail and brake lights?

4. How the the rainsensing feature of the wipers perform?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
36 Participants
PaulS
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing