Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was cleaning my interior the other day. and the three round vents above the headunit were dusty. i was cleaning them and the next thing i know one of the plastic latches break . can these be replaced cheap? i was looking at it and i dont understand how to take it off. can anyone help please?

on top of that, i spilled coffee all over my cup holders and now they wont close. just my luck :slap: :swearin:

sorry, if i put this in the wrong place

·
Registered
412 Posts
possible... not that expensive I dont think. They do come out separately i believe. try trademotion.com or a local scrap yard? or.. depending how it broke... some plastic adhesive / epoxy?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hrmm, well ill take a picture of it later and show you what broke. the plastic piece that broke off fell into the vent hahha... it can still open and close its just the two flaps move seperate than together as one piece

·
Registered
758 Posts
hrmm, well ill take a picture of it later and show you what broke. the plastic piece that broke off fell into the vent hahha... it can still open and close its just the two flaps move seperate than together as one piece
[/b]
Lol probably looks like it got in a fight and lost a tooth. And I hear you on the cup holders. Except that I don't know what happened and that for some reason mine is a PAIN to open. I just stopped closing it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, my cupholder will close sometimes and get stuck so it wont open until you apply a lot of force. haha its the little things that can be annoying sometimes like cupholders and vents

·
Registered
412 Posts
[/b]
hmm.. u could probably fix that on your own... if you can find the piece that broke :D Maybe you could rig something up with another piece of plastic if u cant find the original.

at least it was the vents above the HU, cuz the ones on the side are probably much harder to remove.

if you can, get pictures of what broke... even better would be from the back with the centre console taken out.

//edit hope this link works... http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

I think that might be the part. i'd try to do it myself for that price..

·
Registered
113 Posts
To remove the center vents, you have to remove the whole center dash. They are attached with 4 screws to the back of that piece. It's not hard to take out, just time consuming. The side vents are actually the easy ones. You just shimmy them around a little bit and they pop right out. There are some write-ups on here and on mazda6tech on how to remove the center dash assembly. Took me maybe 15 minutes.

·
Registered
412 Posts
To remove the center vents, you have to remove the whole center dash. They are attached with 4 screws to the back of that piece. It's not hard to take out, just time consuming. The side vents are actually the easy ones. You just shimmy them around a little bit and they pop right out. There are some write-ups on here and on mazda6tech on how to remove the center dash assembly. Took me maybe 15 minutes.
[/b]
wow, didnt know the side ones come out that easy... that might make it easier to clean up that area.. thanks :)

i'd assume he's taken the dash out before since he has a sub install..?

·
Registered
113 Posts
His comment asking about taking it off had me curious if he had or not. I took mine apart for my boost gauge, so if you need any help, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help guys, yeah i took off my HU before to install my sub... ive been busy with school and work to actually do any further investigation... ill post pics as soon as i can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts