Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After returning home from work this morning, I backed my car into the garage and came inside the house. Seconds after closing the door to the garage, I heard a loud bang followed by something knocking around. I thought something fell off a shelf but then I went and looked around and found the stud and nut in the photo. Apparently it came off with enough force to ricochet a few times. It didn't match any of the hardware on the garage door so I peeked under the front of the car. I noticed the exhaust studs look very similar but both were present on the part I could see (base of front manifold?).
Should I be alarmed? I haven't started the car. If it sounds weird tomorrow when I leave for work, I can drive my wife's car.
I have no way of lifting the car to take a look. Anyone who's been under their car recognize it?

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies...guess I wont be alarmed. I haven't noticed anything different. Occasionally I think it sounds louder when I punch the gas but it could just be placebo effect. I'll just be sure to have the mechanic check it out next time I go in for an oil change.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It could also be that the bolt was on the floor and you stepped on it with the edge of the tire. I cannot think of anything that would have that much stored energy (besides the springs) to launch the bolt like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing