Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a picture of the piece that is bending/breaking that is causing the rear axle failures.Preferably one that is broken also. Reason being as I have posted a while ago on Nov 6th AMS will be getting my car for one week to make a 3'' turboback, plus a couple of small things (boost controller,bov). With a full fabrication shop on site I was hoping to get a beefier piece to keep the rear in check, as opposed to just replacing them with oem parts that will continue to fail
Thank you

·
Registered
315 Posts
I need a picture of the piece that is bending/breaking that is causing the rear axle failures.Preferably one that is broken also. Reason being as I have posted a while ago on Nov 6th AMS will be getting my car for one week to make a 3'' turboback, plus a couple of small things (boost controller,bov). With a full fabrication shop on site I was hoping to get a beefier piece to keep the rear in check, as opposed to just replacing them with oem parts that will continue to fail
Thank you
[/b]
I though ti was just a problem with the bolts backing out.

Either way I asked on another thread also, looking for pics of the affected areas, or even a fitch or something with the problem areas explained.

I looked up in there for quite a while today and everything looked suped beefy and all the large bolts I saw looked like they were in place....Still don't know what the problem could be. If you look at the bracing it's damn near as big as the diff itself.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Well, the problem is originating from the loose bolts.

Some stick out as much as half an inch, some are only finger tight.

The loose bolts causes the LSD and/or housing to move about, causing eventual destruction of the LSD itself. This movement causes the driver side rear axle to break as well.

Not sure on the exact or specific parts. But that sums it up.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I know for sure my axle is busted, I can see it myself and my front tires spin like crazy.

I try not to drive the carmuch, but I drive every other day to school. No problems at all, jsut take off at lower RPMs and no track time, heh.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
personally, the fact that this car was "entirely made in japan" was one of the main reasons that i bought it. turns out, parts made by japanese mazda and american ford make absolutely no difference in terms of quality so far.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah, someone stated the case for the rear LSD said "FOMOCO"on it (Ford Motor Co).

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
By the middle of next week when my car gets repaired il have pics of my broken rear differential and the damage the loose bolts caused. I will also take a pic of the new one so everyone will know for sure what the hell its suppose to look like.

·
Registered
315 Posts
By the middle of next week when my car gets repaired il have pics of my broken rear differential and the damage the loose bolts caused. I will also take a pic of the new one so everyone will know for sure what the hell its suppose to look like.
[/b]
MUCH appreciated, can't wait...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
NP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts