Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my rear axle for the second time, first time it was covered under warranty no problem. This time they are being pricks and dont wanna cover it and wanna charge me 1500 bucks which is ridiculous. so what im wondering, what are my opitions to do this the cheapest way.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Your San Jose area dealers can be little bitches at times and other times they are fine. Try another area dealer cause I know you have a few. The car should be driveable (at least mine was but it only had wrong wheel drive, LOL). If you absolutely can't get it covered, get the upgraded rear left axle. No matter what, you should also order the TT front diff mount and CPE rear diff brace and Whiteline rear sway and have that shit put on when the axle is being replaced.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Only one person ever found that to be true Thank you very much. LOL Mine could have been weakened from abuse prior to having the mounts or from that DSC mishap too. Can't say for sure. There has not been another reported case of a broken stock axle with both upgraded mounts besides me though.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
QUOTE (jmhinkle @ Feb 19 2010, 01:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638043
Only one person ever found that to be true Thank you very much. LOL Mine could have been weakened from abuse prior to having the mounts or from that DSC mishap too. Can't say for sure. There has not been another reported case of a broken stock axle with both upgraded mounts besides me though.[/b]

Well 1 other, 2nr broke his with the TT diff mount on it but like you said it could have been on its way out when it was installed!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (charles @ Feb 18 2010, 04:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638053
Well 1 other, 2nr broke his with the TT diff mount on it but like you said it could have been on its way out when it was installed!![/b]
nvm i convinced them to do it under warranty. Thanks guys and yes im gunna get the mounts anyways

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
QUOTE (charles @ Feb 18 2010, 05:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638053
Well 1 other, 2nr broke his with the TT diff mount on it but like you said it could have been on its way out when it was installed!![/b]
I think there was a couple of people or maybe a few repeated instances of broken axles with just the front mount. With both mounts on like me, I was the one and only. It was 2nr that got the upgraded axle started for us that I ended up being the guinea pig on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
what dealership? i have a couple things i need fixed before my warranty runs out and don't want to risk getting it voided. i have pretty much the same mods as you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (hungryhippo @ Feb 18 2010, 06:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638077
what dealership? i have a couple things i need fixed before my warranty runs out and don't want to risk getting it voided. i have pretty much the same mods as you.[/b]
I go to the one on capitol, micheal the manager is really cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts