Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi guys. I bought mazda6 2003 model and this little tube in the engine room was broken. I have no idea about what it is and what it causes and why it happened.. i really need help so that i wouldn’t be ripped off...
Any ideas..?

93DC72DE-E6FF-4FBD-8D0B-9F801D61C16D.jpeg
93DC72DE-E6FF-4FBD-8D0B-9F801D61C16D.jpeg

·
Registered
468 Posts
It looks like a vacuum line. The hose might be long enough for you to cut the damaged section and reattach it.
Hoses are made of rubber, they do not last forever.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Yep -- see if there's enough room to cut the fractured end off and re-attach it. But -- the rest of the hose is likely in as poor condition, and the rest of the lines may well be. I'd consider buying some of the appropriate vacuum tubing and replacing those lines -- the biggest trick is getting the old ones off without breaking any of the plastic places they attach, as old plastic tends to get quite brittle. GO SLOW and do not use high levels of force! A CAREFUL use of an Xacto blade can free old tubing from those fittings.

Do one piece at a time so you don't lose track of where they all go.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you use an exacto blade try to cut thru say 80% of the wall thickness of the hose to weaken it then pull off the hose by hand, possibly twisting it. For a vacuum hose, scoring the "nipple" with the blade is not so problematic but for a coolant hose there may be more of a chance that this creates a leakage path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts