Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wondering if this has happened to any one else?[/b]
There've been a few reportings of BOV breaking, most I have seen have been exposing the spring. This is the first I've seen break there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got mine back from the shop. I got a lean at idle error code and they said it was the BOV leaking. I supposedly have the latest design now.

I will say that it peaks at 19 a bit easier and holds 16 occasiioonally where it rarely hit 19 before and never held more than 15.

Oh yeah, it makes a slightly louder pshhhh sound!

F

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I did not clarify the situation, just happened a few minutes ago. This is my HKS SSQV, I was in the process of putting it in the adaptor flange, put the c clip inpushed down on the valve tring to get the clip to lock in to the groove and bang it breaks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry I did not clarify the situation, just happened a few minutes ago. This is my HKS SSQV, I was in the process of putting it in the adaptor flange, put the c clip inpushed down on the valve tring to get the clip to lock in to the groove and bang it breaks.
[/b]
That would have been nice to have known. So its the HKS that broke not a Mazda part?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
[/b]

I've seen it happen on the $40 ebay wanabe HKS ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not get it from ebay. I got it from streetunit. I called the and told them what happenend and they seemedf quite surprized. I emailed them pics. their going to call me back. I think it might be some kind of freak defect or something.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i seen it happen on one we were putting on a dsm....it's something in the casting process that they left out, makes the metal brittle.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
had that happen with a gready but never a hks keep up posted on what street unit is doing about it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts