Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading the various posts about broken axles it seems that it's the mount points for the diff. If you can identify on this picture where your broke that will help me in researching a solution.

Thanks for your responses.
Mike

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey, yea my rear axle broke....twice!

both times in the same location
1) happend within the same month i got the car (got the car mid december, it happend in early january)
-Driver side rear CV joint
-LSD bolts

2)happend in august, took 1 month to fix (axle on backorder)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I brought this up a while back, and nobody seemed interested at the time. I still think we need a full set of mounts, motor and diff.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
From reading the various posts about broken axles it seems that it's the mount points for the diff. If you can identify on this picture where your broke that will help me in researching a solution.

Thanks for your responses.
Mike
[/b]
According to Mazda they are working on developing a stronger set up to replace the original. I too have a similar problem and was told by Mazda NA that there should be a fix available from them soon.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, yea my rear axle broke....twice!

both times in the same location
1) happend within the same month i got the car (got the car mid december, it happend in early january)
-LSD bolts

2)happend in august, took 1 month to fix (axle on backorder)
[/b]
Did you see your car when it was being repaired? If so which of the two points in the picture was broken thus causing the CV joints to break?

Mike

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Mine has been broken along with what I think is the diff bracket, for about 3 weeks.

It's like a Turbo'd i4 mazda6 FWD. Sucks.

I dont know if I should continue driving (only vibrates on the highway) and wait for this new stronger part/fix. Or just take it in and give them my car for a week get it fixed, break it again (I'm sure it will) and take it in again once the fix is available.

I hate rentals, unless it is a car of the same class and value.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good to hear Mazda is doing something about it.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the differential noise. Mine has become a bit louder.
Maybe things just falling out of alignment back there as the mount fails.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Did you see your car when it was being repaired? If so which of the two points in the picture was broken thus causing the CV joints to break?

Mike
[/b]

sorry, cant help you on that part

as i remember, the Differential brakets also were pretty much....gone (the 1st time),

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine has been broken along with what I think is the diff bracket, for about 3 weeks.

It's like a Turbo'd i4 mazda6 FWD. Sucks.

I dont know if I should continue driving (only vibrates on the highway) and wait for this new stronger part/fix. Or just take it in and give them my car for a week get it fixed, break it again (I'm sure it will) and take it in again once the fix is available.

I hate rentals, unless it is a car of the same class and value.
[/b]
Not that you would do this...but isnt there a lemon law that protects agaisnt shit like this? Like 3 tries and thats it? You might politely inform your local Mazda manager about this and to have Mazda get on their ass about this, its no fun dealing with rentals...
I would take it in and have it fixed, and at the same time, inform the service manager that you dont want to come back again for this problem
Good luck man

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Thing is I am too lazy to uninstall my TEINs on my Speed.

If there is a recall, I shouldn't have to remove springs because the dealer shouldn't have to prove the suspension upgrades have anything to do with these 'mechanical failures.'

IIRC, the lemon law says you get a brand new car after doing the same procedure on your car.Or somehting like that, I never read into it,just what I've heard.

Also, the broken diff bracket is what causes the driver side cv axle joint to break. Is the driver side the direction the LSD is pointing to?

Not sure, but my vibration is getting pretty annoying.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know mine broke, Driver Side front inner axle shaft.

·
Registered
561 Posts
you shoulda all read the little yellow book that came with your car altho it may be different state to state. i know if florida the lemon law period is 2 years and your car can be qualified as a lemon if it spends more than a total of 15 calender days in service for the same problem or 30 calender days for anything. then youre supposed to write mazda corporate and give tell them in detail the problem and give then one last chance to fix it. then if they dont fix it, they have to reimburse you the full cost of the car (tax, title, fees, anything you did to it like tint) or give you a new one. http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw.html

·
Registered
778 Posts
I heard depreciation is something they don't have to pay for though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Any updates on this?
Just broke another axle and mazda does not want to fix it for "driving over the vehicles designed limit and low tread on the tires this is the FIFTH time and to fix it the last time they helix coiled the bolts into the drivetrain (Region Mazda Rep's Idea) and his same idea not to warranty his work on my car (he gave the go ahead and doesnt want to stand by the work "he said this will resolve the issue" guess not buddy) so this time I guess a bunch of stuff broke and im gonna get the written estimate tomorrow and will be pursuing the lemon law for Connecticut on this god damn vehicle since mazda wont acknowledge this as a problem 60 Days w/o the vehicle not including present and 5 breakages with all the paperwork (Mazda service) and thread information (6Club) I think I will win this case.. I dont see these Modded ass STI's and Damn AMS EVO's (1000 HP) with drivetrain issues... Should have got the legacy..

BUT SERIOUSLY:
People only want to look at this issue when its them who's affected when in reality this PROBLEM will eventually trickle down to everyone. We need to get together as a force to make mazda acknowledge this issue. The car is not even able to handle its own stock power... and about 90% of us are looking at modding our cars. Do you really feel comfortable with issues like this at hand?

·
Registered
851 Posts
ummm....last time i checked evos had shit ton of drivetrain issues, head on over to evom and you will find it there.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Stop drifting your car and you will have less problems.

I drive as hard as anyone, but I haven't broken shit, although I don't drift.

Any updates on this?
Just broke another axle and mazda does not want to fix it for "driving over the vehicles designed limit and low tread on the tires this is the FIFTH time and to fix it the last time they helix coiled the bolts into the drivetrain (Region Mazda Rep's Idea) and his same idea not to warranty his work on my car (he gave the go ahead and doesnt want to stand by the work "he said this will resolve the issue" guess not buddy) so this time I guess a bunch of stuff broke and im gonna get the written estimate tomorrow and will be pursuing the lemon law for Connecticut on this god damn vehicle since mazda wont acknowledge this as a problem 60 Days w/o the vehicle not including present and 5 breakages with all the paperwork (Mazda service) and thread information (6Club) I think I will win this case.. I dont see these Modded ass STI's and Damn AMS EVO's (1000 HP) with drivetrain issues... Should have got the legacy..

BUT SERIOUSLY:
People only want to look at this issue when its them who's affected when in reality this PROBLEM will eventually trickle down to everyone. We need to get together as a force to make mazda acknowledge this issue. The car is not even able to handle its own stock power... and about 90% of us are looking at modding our cars. Do you really feel comfortable with issues like this at hand?
[/b]

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Stop drifting your car and you will have less problems.

I drive as hard as anyone, but I haven't broken shit, although I don't drift.
[/b]
It seems like this guy has a legitimate gripe.....unless he is drifting his car?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
It is clearly not from drifting.

PearlMS6, has your dif mountbeen replacedyet? There is a new, stronger one out, sitting in my car, hopefully being installed today.

I pick my car up in an hour, having the axle replaced.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts