Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my pics on www.dotphoto.com, on the home page sign in using the user name brillo and the password mazda6. This way you can just look at the pics you want.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Brillo's New Black Mazda6'

Black is so good looking. Congrats on a beauty of a car :D

You could be in use of the 17" though, and me personaly don't dig the silver-dark brown combo really. But I guess it's better then grey...

Feel sorry for all of you americans with that bulging light and strange front turn signal or whatever it is... Is that the law? Or can you have normal "in front of the front door"-turn signals as well?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks, I'm planning on going with aftermarket 17inch wheels, prob. SSR GT1's, so that will fix that. I'm also going to put leather in the car, which will be tan. Its been a blast to drive thus far. As I mod the car I'll post more pics.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Looking forward to see the 6 with some non-standard leather! The MPS looks great with white / blue... Light (white) or dark colors should be fine with the silver console... Not brown/beige....

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Congrats, it looks great! Now off you go to do that paint coat treatment!!! (Best result when car is new. And DONT WAX IT yourself, then the wax has to be removed before you can do that).

Cool with a gray dash. There is a brown available also, that goes with the beige interior, but I'm not too fond of that. Gray is cool, though.:)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

The dash on a tan US interior is a Taupe (grey/brown) color

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Congrats, it looks great! Now off you go to do that paint coat treatment!!! (Best result when car is new. And DONT WAX IT yourself, then the wax has to be removed before you can do that).

Cool with a gray dash. There is a brown available also, that goes with the beige interior, but I'm not too fond of that. Gray is cool, though.:)[/b]
per your suggestion my car is being "toughguarded" (I asked for that product specifically) at the dealership as we speak, I should get it back tomorrow. Am I correct that you don't ever need to wax the car after this? You just wash it? my paint on my last car was my nemesis, so I'm willing to spend to keep it nice. Any other tips for the paint after you apply toughguard?

·
Registered
86 Posts

Hi Brillo,

Just my 2-cents worth, I just had my car done up with Amazing Glaze, it's similar to toughguard I guess.

Word of advice from the people there is to wash the car with lots of soap and water at least once a week minimum, don't not use sponge or normal cloths for washing and drying, use the magic cloths (I think that's what it's called I think Salley's do make them) for wash and dry and micro-fibre cloth for detailing the surface to bring out the shine

Your black car is like my dark blue, they're very prone to scratches if the cloth is dirty. so do take care.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yep, thats a 6 s, I paid $20,500 before TT&L, got a good deal.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Wow! You did get a good deal!

Nice car bro. Congrats.

Lookin forward to seeing pics when you put 17''s on too.

Alan

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well, the toughguard came out great, I can really feel the difference over wax, I've never anything like that on a car before. I also had my windows tinted as black as allowed in Texas, which helps as well. I plan on getting my new wheels in a week or so at which time I'll take some new pics...then I should be done for a while...this is getting $$$$$$$sive :)

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yea, nice car, my will be black also... Which engine and equipement do you have ? I ordered 120 CD TE and i could take silver seats only.. i see you have different colour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts