Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my good pic of me and my 6 on the track today, its pretty large ~1.34MB, I don't want to post it since its so big, can I email it to someone who can reduce the size and possibly host it? I can't seem to attach pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading Topic: Brillo on the track

That turn was at about 80-90 mph, it should be noted that while the Corvettes were having fun trying to keep up in the turns, about 2 sec after this pic we hit the front straight and they blew by me at about 130 mph....:)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Having fun trying to keep up in the turns? A corvette can pull dangerously close to 1 lateral G, the drivers must have been novices, since the car outpaces the 6 in every performance category, and with good reason, it's twice as much!

·
Registered
305 Posts

Very cool, Brillo!

I've seen some disturbing videos on the net of Corvette autocrosses... One that spins off the track and almost wipes out a spectator who's lawn chair was stupidly close to the track.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replying to Topic 'Brillo on the track'

Originally posted by Phrosted

Having fun trying to keep up in the turns?  A corvette can pull dangerously close to 1 lateral G, the drivers must have been novices, since the car outpaces the 6 in every performance category, and with good reason, it's twice as much![/b]

This is true, we were all novices, however, I watched several Miata's, S2000's and 3 series BMW's eat the Vettes for lunch in the turns in some of the more advanced groups, while incredibly powerful, the Vette drives like a big "big car". I never really saw anyone in a Vette able to beat any of the smaller cars, and most of the instructors were not Vette fans due to this.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Originally posted by robgtaasc

Hey, that's me in the yellow Vette ;)[/b]
Is that really you?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Awesome pic Brillo, I can't wait for that to be at the Rev It Up, just I won't be blowing past Vettes in the turns, it'll be other 6's! O.C. WATCH OUT NOW!

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by CzechMate

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

[/b]
What's the purpose of the blue markings over the headlights?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Brillo on the track'

It's just tape. Helps keeps the glass and plastic off the track if you make a mistake.

Brillo, what kind of tire preasures did they have you running?

·
Registered
446 Posts

Sweet pic Brillo. You can tell you're going at a good clip by comparing those tire patches left to right. Man, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

LBJay is exactly right, as scary as it sounds, its to keep the glass off the track if I was to get into a accident, not a pleasant thought with my new car

·
Registered
837 Posts

But the M6 lens are not made of glass. It is made of a polycarbonate compound. It does not break and shattered into sharp pieces like glass would. Oh well, rules are rules.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts