Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on the forum, but I need to find members opinions/experiences. I'm contemplating trading my stock 17's for 18" RX8's with these tires. In Jersey we've had decent snow storms in the past, none so far this year. In anticipation of a snow storm occuring, have any of you ridden in snow/ice with these tires? I know tire rack says they are not applicable for snow/ice just wondering whos tried it anyway. They are summer tires and can't afford to not be able to drive if the weather turns bad. I'm currently running Yoko Avid V4's (all seasons) which I love. All my previous cars have had all seasons so I lack experience with summer tires during the winter. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They are terrible in the snow I would not recomend driving on them in any winter condition shit even a dusting and youl find yourself sliding everywhere. The scary thing is I tried them with a dusting on the ground going about 30 hit the brakes and slid about 30 feet past where I was hoping to stop things are awful.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,683 Posts
Do not, and I repeat, do NOT drive on summer tires during the winter. If the temperature stays below freezing for a fair amount of time, and you get ANY snow/sleet/slush, they are useless. No traction, no control, no nothing.

Stick with a set of all-seasons if the snowfall isn't too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.