Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
That's awesome. I like how you didn't relocate the WW reservoir either. Can you elaborate on what kit you started with, and what you did differently to avoid moving the reservoir? Seems like it might be a tight fit where you have the hot pipe descending, but I really like it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
That's awesome. I like how you didn't relocate the WW reservoir either. Can you elaborate on what kit you started with, and what you did differently to avoid moving the reservoir? Seems like it might be a tight fit where you have the hot pipe descending, but I really like it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I bought and did everything the same as TiGray in his post except for relocating the washer fluid. I just cut a hole to allow it to go straight up beside the fan.
TiGray goes FMIC - Mazdaspeed Forums

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Looks nice! Did you have to mod anything to get it to fit with your Cobb intake? Had it installed long enough to measure any difference in air temp?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Looks nice! Did you have to mod anything to get it to fit with your Cobb intake? Had it installed long enough to measure any difference in air temp?
I put an extra coupler on the intake just so it would clear the hole. I had to cut a lot from the bottom corner of the box because of my FMIC piping. I cut out the corner and glued in and painted a flat piece to seal up what I cut off. The box doesnt make a huge difference. Tigray said it does help with the temp a little though. Its mainly for looks :p

I have a CorkSport strut bar on the way then I'll be powdercoating my valve cover and intake manifold. Then probably a wire tuck after that if I can. Working on the engine bay a little :)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
14 Participants
BrandonRKD
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing