Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Traded in my white 6i for a white speed 6 on 3/27/2013. Both cars had 62k miles at the time of trade. The previous owner installed a boost gauge replacing the center vent and an audio input. Everything else looks stock.

Performance / Suspension

Cobb AP
Cobb SRI and TIP
CS Cold Air Box
CP-E HPFP
CS TBE
TurboSmart BPV
NGK Colder Plugs
Custom FMIC
JBR EGR Blockoff
H&R Springs
SU RMM
CS Strut Bar
VTCS Delete
Custom OCC

Appearance / Other

Spyder taillights
VEI Boost Gauge
AudioLink
SharkFin Antenna
Smoked Side Markers
TSW Interlagos 18x7.5 45offset
Retrofit Morimoto Projectors
6000k HIDs in low beams and fogs
Black painted rotors
All 194's replaced w/ white LEDs
Chrome dipped turn signals
Tints 30% front 5% rear
Custom Plate Relocation
Brake Light Mod
Debadged
Rally Armor Mudflaps
White Painted Calipers
Lamin-x'd Headlights
STI S204 Lip

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
NO FUCKING WAY! F YOU!!!!! LUCKY BASTARD!!! Enjoy your modding and do it safely. Read up on msf before you do any modding these cars can easily zoom zoom boom if you don't mod correctly. Ie down pipe and intercooler/intake before fuel pump internals = no good. Get an ap before anything they really help the cars stock tune which drops off the map at the top end of the rev range. Good luck man I wish I was you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO FUCKING WAY! F YOU!!!!! LUCKY BASTARD!!! Enjoy your modding and do it safely. Read up on msf before you do any modding these cars can easily zoom zoom boom if you don't mod correctly. Ie down pipe and intercooler/intake before fuel pump internals = no good. Get an ap before anything they really help the cars stock tune which drops off the map at the top end of the rev range. Good luck man I wish I was you.

I have an CAI for a speed 6. You're saying I shouldnt install the intake before getting a cobb ap?

Congrats on the car man!
Nice color to! You have a thing for white!
Just to let you know I secretly hate you because I know this car will look
Super sick like your 2nd Gen and its just not fair to have both! :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
lol thanks but I think youre thinking of BrandonLee. I had a 1st gen.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wow...I'm really jealous, tbh I didn't even know they made ms6's in white until a couple weeks back, as I've never seen any before. That's one clean looking 6 man.

Also if you have a CAI already, you might as well put it in, what I believe @ctmazda was going for is that a Cobb AP is the best, easiest and most efficient mod for the ms6, and also helps with future mods and turbo mapping as it logs everything.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have an CAI for a speed 6. You're saying I shouldnt install the intake before getting a cobb ap?

lol thanks but I think youre thinking of BrandonLee. I had a 1st gen.
Haha you are right my bad.
But my opinion still stands your first Gen was very clean I'm interested to see what you do to this one!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Enjoy your unicorn!
Post up in the Speed6 subforum & say hi

The Speed's can indeed be touchy to mod, but we've pretty much covered every variation and resulting problem by now, so don't stress and feel free to ask questions.

What kind of goals do you have for your beastie? That will determine what you need to do/get, and in what order...

Reactions: MWSpeed6

·
Registered
226 Posts
U shouldnt have any problems installing the intake, besides, u have a boost guage to monitor any overboost so ur good, and u will love the sound!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Say how much did you end up paying extra on your 6 for the speed?
And also you never got back to me about the fogs :/

They gave me 10.2k for my trade in and the speed was ~15k after TTL and warranty. Let me get together all the stuff from my old 6 and then I'll get back to you on the fogs. Been a busy week.

Now thats one hell of a mod....the speed 6 mod.....Cant beat that lol
Its not really a speed. I just replaced the bumpers, fenders, hood, side skirts, turbo, differentials, etc.

Enjoy your unicorn!
Post up in the Speed6 subforum & say hi

The Speed's can indeed be touchy to mod, but we've pretty much covered every variation and resulting problem by now, so don't stress and feel free to ask questions.

What kind of goals do you have for your beastie? That will determine what you need to do/get, and in what order...
lol thanks. I plan to use the stock turbo but just do the basic mods like Cobb AP, intake, turbo back exhaust, etc. Atleast for now. I'm sure I'll want more later.

U shouldnt have any problems installing the intake, besides, u have a boost guage to monitor any overboost so ur good, and u will love the sound!!
I loved the sound of a cai on my 6i going under a bridge or tunnel. I know on a speed it will be so much better!

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Encourage budgeting for the AP and HPFP internals to create a safe base to build from. After that it's all gravy as far as mods go.

Also, ponder old age maintenance stuff- fluids front to back, valve cleaning & such

Reactions: ctmazda and xkreedx

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Encourage budgeting for the AP and HPFP internals to create a safe base to build from. After that it's all gravy as far as mods go.

Also, ponder old age maintenance stuff- fluids front to back, valve cleaning & such
Make sure you get fuel pump internals before you start screwing too much with the exhaust. Especially a down pipe.

Edit: Ninja'd
Thanks guys. Cobb AP and HPFP will be my priorities then.

Put wheels and smoked side markers on. New pic in first post.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Such a beautiful sight. How you liking the improved bpv sound with the aluminum piping I hear it sounds crazy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Such a beautiful sight. How you liking the improved bpv sound with the aluminum piping I hear it sounds crazy.

Its fking amazing lol. I can hear the turbo spool up and the bpv open(?) a lot better. Its pretty loud. I love going under a bridge or tunnel because the whistling echos :p

its all like SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahaha that's a fantastic description! Are you planning on having halo's again?
I more than likely wont be doing halos on the speed. I still have them from the 6i, but the speed turns heads as it is. I'll be installing the morimoto projectors into the speed pretty soon and getting some HIDs for the fog lights.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts