Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Brand Of Speakers'

Originally posted by Victor

In placed of the original are 4 MB Quart 2-way component. Adaptors were needed to fit 6.5" speakers into the 5"x7" holes. Sounds definitely better, but I over specified the speakers. These MB Quarts need much higher power amps, so I added a Blaupunkt PA 4100. Now it sounds good enough for me.[/b]
Do you have the Blose system? If so, what method did you use to integrate the Blau amp into your system?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

Do you live in a sunny climate? The green kappas used to have a serious problem with UV damage. Serious problem...

Personally I don't think they sound that great either... but sound quality is subjective. My concern is mainly reliability. Though I haven't heard anything similar about the perfects yet...

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ick. I hate Focal. They sound very strained to me... not effortless at all. I prefer Dynaudio and Morel... that's me though, I like completely natural sound. PERSONALLY I don't think Focal sounds natural (partciularly the higher-end Focal). People hate me for thinking this, but that's just how my ears feel.

ScanSpeak on the other hand... yummmmy!!! I knew a company taht ALMOST biult a component set for the car out of scan-speak drivers... the crossover they desinged was pehnomenal but I think they didn't have the funds to go through with the project. Too bad, it was one of the best component sets I'd ever heard.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

Well, when it comes to three-way "coaxials" I never suggest so-called three-ways. First of all, they aren't true three ways. A three-way component set consists of a midbass, midrange, and tweeter. Triaxials are mid/bass, tweeter, and "supertweeter"... totally useless and rather crappy sound quality for more money. Ick. In my opinion, for oval locations, you want to get the best darn coaxial you can afford. What's your budget if I may ask?

-Alt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.