Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a nice drive over route 218 in NY, about an hour north of NYC. This is one of the most fun roads I have ever driven on, and I get to take it to and from work everyday. Woo hoo! :) So, I am really tearing through the turns, down a long straightaway, and around a nice descending radius right sweeper, when what is in the middle of the road, a full grown deer. I had very little space to stop, hard to say how much at 70 mph or so, but not much. The car came to a stop with authority. No dead deer, and even better, my 6s is still intact. The ABS did come on on dry pavement, which is an odd feeling for those of us who have only experienced it on the snow and ice. But the car stops just as hard as it pulls. :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Brakes really work.

Sounds good :) Deers are not good to have inside your car :) At least not if the enter through the windscreen!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: Brakes really work.

Yeah, I had to slam on my brakes when an old fart (no offense to any old farts reading this) decided to pull onto the road I was doing about 60 on the other day. Damn, did this thing stop. I was afraid someone behind me would get a rude awakening, but luckily the guy was awake and able to stop in time as well.

Used the V6 to pull up to the Buick that cut me off, saw it was an old fart in lala land, and decided to drive away.

Anyways, go brakes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts