Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had to replace rotors and pads at 25K after experiencing the high speed shakes under braking. I'm at 80K now and I'm feeling it again. I suspect I'll have to replace them both again soon.

JMHO, Mazda sourced a single pot caliper.
We should all keep an eye out for when the calipers for the new CX-9 are available at the stealer or in the Vatozone.
I'm pretty sure those will be 2 pot calipers and if we're lucky the bolt pattern and clearances should allow us to swap them out for ours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think he means that the car would depress the brake slightly to drag the pads on the rotors which would dry out any moisture and keep the pads warm so when the driver called upon the brakes, they were at max performance when needed. The connection to this thread is that feature might lead to early break wear out.
Yes. And it has official name -

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2017 mazda 6 touring has less than 8k miles and Mazda is telling me it’s out of coverage and I have to pay $1000 to get my brakes done.. how can this be possible? I wrote an original post not seeing this thread btw. The car is 2 years old well taken care of and driven like a normal human being. I can’t accept this I’ve never had to replace brakes on any of my 3 year leases.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts