Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to get some beastly brakes on this thing considering i like to do the off-road through mud quite a bit, and the breaks are garbage lol. anyone seen anything for the new 6 i?
already did complete ceramic change out but i want something better

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
if you are looking for a brake kit, Rotora has one for the new gen already....that's all that i know of. i think Stoptech had one in the works or something, but not sure if it got released yet.

not sure of any DIY swap options, the old model upgraded to Speed6 brakes, but don't think you guys have it that easy.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm going with a big fat "huh"?? here . . . what do you mean that the brakes are garbage?

The mazda 6 has the best brakes in-class . . . it's not a jeep wrangler, so we're talking from a 25mph stop, not off-roading. If there is anything on the car that's deficient stock and might not be acceptable under poor conditions (bad roads, dirt roads . . . ) it's the tires, which *ARE* garbage, even on pristine surfaces.

If it's brakes you're looking at fixing, you'll need to move up to motocross pads-- hawk HP are ONLY as good as the OE pads (read: the stock pads are pretty good) but if you're using it like a rubicon, this will make low-speed braking worse, as they're intended for high-speed deceleration.

BBKs also exist (somewhat new) <- Along the lines of what MrTea was talking about, but that's not going to do much if you're taking the vehicle mud-bogging.

Now that I think about it, an OME lift and some mud tires would rock . . . but that's another topic entirely.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ernie, I agree! The brakes on this thing seem very tight, controlled, and no freeplay, unlike many other cars available. I always look for a tight, no slop brake pedal. On the Jetta I had before this, I had to spend some $$ to get a pedal that did not feel as good as this. I did improve the Jetta some. In stock form, it felt like a ruler sticking out of a can of oatmeal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went from an RX-8 to my M6 so i may be a bit spoiled haha, but i do think it could be a bit better.. i mean i have Michelins so i don't know were to go from there lol
i do love the rally look and i actually use it like its one ( i know not even close to a rally car blah blah blah) so im actually interested in mud tires and a bit of a lift- just for some clearance. if you have info on that id be pretty grateful :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts