Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my '06 Speed6 with 21K miles into the dealer on 4/1/10 to get the clutch fix TSB done before I run out of warranty.

I've been experiencing progressively louder brake squeal over the last 1000 or so miles. Typically happens after the car warms up, and squeals loudest under relatively gentle brake pressure. Braking hard a few times, as I've seen recommended, does NOT end the squealing.

I have to think the pads are going (already?!), but the dealer claims they didn't find anything wrong with brake wear. Perhaps the dealer is incompetant and/or lazy and lying to me? Should I go elsewhere for a 2nd opinion?

Or could this squealing really just be a result of the "semimetallic" pads? I just really don't want to have warped rotors 3 months from now.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If the dealer says it...then it must be true.....ummm yea lol

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
History has shown these brakes are noisy. Have you looked on your own to see? Is it just squeeky or is it grindy?
If you don't feel comfortable judging yourself, why not take it elsewhere? It's not covered under warranty anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've noticed the same problem to a lesser degree...sometimes when i back up in reverse then break in neutral i hear a squeal. I have an 06 with about that same mileage and am planning on getting them checked as well so i'll let you know if i find out anything interesting.

BTW, what is the best way to approach the dealership about the clutch TSB?? I want to get mine done as well..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've noticed the same problem to a lesser degree...sometimes when i back up in reverse then break in neutral i hear a squeal. I have an 06 with about that same mileage and am planning on getting them checked as well so i'll let you know if i find out anything interesting.

BTW, what is the best way to approach the dealership about the clutch TSB?? I want to get mine done as well..
Cool. Just whine about the symptoms listed in the TSB and mention that you think there's a TSB out there for it. If they can't find one, offer to email it to them.

I think my dealer's playing the waiting game though...it's been a week and they're "still waiting on parts."

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll bring it somewhere else for a second opinion, or get one of my buddies to check the pads for me. Hopefully the squeaking will "just go away," but it does sound like something's digging into my rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts