Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so to our noble autoxers i saw this today after my cruise and said wtf?

to me it looks like heat strain, but it could be pad transfer to....

i know the pads need to be changed for sure, and i was going to get rotors anyways....but just curious to know what it is.....

this is passenger and drivers sides respectively

·
Registered
682 Posts
You could have something lodged in between the pad and rotor...maybe a small stone/piece of gravel...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
get a new car

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm looking to get the rotora blanks and H2 ceramics for the fronts...the rears are fine...

but i haven't heard any feedback on them.

I want to know about noise, and dust, and stoppage. it's from rotora which means stoppage should be piece of cake, but what about the others?

·
Registered
635 Posts
there's a sticky i think in the Brakes section ... Carbotech's apparently are the best ones out (very low dust) there but the pads cost twice as much as the HPS ... rotors are the same price ...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i'm looking to get the rotora blanks and H2 ceramics for the fronts...the rears are fine...

but i haven't heard any feedback on them.

I want to know about noise, and dust, and stoppage. it's from rotora which means stoppage should be piece of cake, but what about the others?
[/b]
Is the rotara 13" or just factory size?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
best brake pads have different interpretations
it really depends what u re looking for

I personally don't really care about brake dust and I'm willing to sacrifice that for performance

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes...i've read that article a number of times....but thanks for the reminder sunny...I appreciate it...i'll go back through it to see if there is any feedback on the rotoras yet... :)

King_lam....the rotora blanks and pads are OEM size. Which is why I'm looking at them.

i can't decide if i should do it or not.....I may be better off buying OEM replacements, and going with a carbotech pad....

But if there is something rotora has done to make the OEM rotor better then I'd be game.

I may be running fully stock right now, but that doesn't mean that i wouldn't like a bit more stopping power...if you watch my vidoe in the post cruise section in the second video approaching the last hairpin...I had a HUGE amount of brake fade that I actually didn't think I was going to stop....the vid doesn't shopw it but I went VERY deep into that corner...i was lucky there wasn't an oncoming car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
well i got me a set of Carbotechs pads...i will let u know how they stack up against the stock...i iwll have them on next week...i m jsut pickin them up this weeekend from down south...maybe if i have time n desire, i will put them on while i m there, so i can wear them in on the way up...

for me, brake dust is my main concern...i hate havin to sit there with a toothbrush every 5dayz n scrubbing away..i have nto had any brake fade issues at all with my stock so far...so i guess paul would say i dotn drive it like i stole it yet ;)

anwyaz...ya...not sure that the rotara discs are any better or any worse...have not read any info to justify either side

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.