Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is something wrong with my break pressure in my 2005 Mazda 6 like I gotta press on my break multiple times before I start to feel any pressure other then that I’m pressing my breaks to the floor and my car won’t stop abruptly it’ll slowy come to a stop I checked my break fluid and I’m good on that my break pads still got pad left is there any ideas on what the problem could be?

·
Rally Racer
2,511 Posts
there is something wrong with my break pressure in my 2005 Mazda 6 like I gotta press on my break multiple times before I start to feel any pressure other then that I’m pressing my breaks to the floor and my car won’t stop abruptly it’ll slowy come to a stop I checked my break fluid and I’m good on that my break pads still got pad left is there any ideas on what the problem could be?
Hello, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have air in the line. The brakes will need to be bled. My question is why /how did that air get there? There is likely a fault in the system somewhere but for now just bleed the brakes and see if it holds. It is a very easy procedure.
Good luck.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Because it apparently happened suddenly and without anyone working on the brakes I am inclined to say the master cylinder needs replacing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Assuming its the same as the 6 for the US market, go to rockauto.com and look up your car then choose brakes and see what the parts cost. I doubt you'll get a better price. You didn't say if you lived in the US but the US flag is next to your username, so I gave you a US source.

While you're there, if you need wipers, brake pads (for the future if you don't need them now), or other parts (spare light bulbs for the headlights), you might buy them all together and save on shipping. I paid just $2 or $3 for a headlamp bulb for my 09 Mazda 3 and the local stores wanted more than $10. I got a couple of them for spares when I bought one for a replacement. I got wiper replacements for less than $4 each so I got them for all 3 vehicles and do that every year. They last at least a year and I can't say the $20 ones last any longer. They do as good a job, too. Brake pads, figure about 1/2 the price of the stores. Same for many parts.

The trick is to use their system to get all items from the same warehouse (they have 3) or you will pay shipping from separate warehouses. They have a "flag" (warehouse A, B, or C) that shows you what warehouses the different parts come from, and after buying the most expensive item, you choose your other parts from the same warehouse (there are flags for each one next to each listing). You'll figure it out. Looking at the year and trying both engines it looks like you can get one for as low as $40 + shipping. (Ones for auto trans cost a bit more.) If you trust a salvage yard for a used one, you can try those, and there are some of those online, too, which compete well with the local ones.

Donald

1 - 7 of 7 Posts