Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I can explain this in a way that makes complete sense but let me describe the situation.

I come to a complete stop. A few seconds pass. The car begins to move slowly forward but my foot has not moved from its original position. My foot is probably halfway to the floor. So when I notice that the car is moving forward, I apply some more pressure to the brake. The car stops again. Another few seconds pass. The car starts moving forward again. Now I'm like, WTF!? My foot is probably 3/4 the way down. So I apply the brake until it is practically touching the floor. The car stops again.

At this point, I usually just lift my foot off the brake and press it to halfway again because if the car starts moving again while I am all the way to the floor, I'm screwed. There would be no more brake to press and I would have to lift my foot off again anyway.

I'm sorry if this is confusing but I don't know how else to explain it. It's very frustrating(as you can imagine) and I have to leave quite a distance behind the vehicle in front of me as I don't want to take the chance of hitting anyone. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before? What is it and what can I do to fix this unusual situation? BTW, my car is a 2005 Mazda 6 s ATX Sedan and everything is stock. Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well, the obvious answer is take it to the dealer :D

Your brake lines are losing pressure somehow. One guess - a leak in the system? Check you reservoir to make sure you've got fluid. This probably isn't the case since you'd probably have NO fluid if there were a small leak subjected to that kind of pressure.

Second guess? Master cylinder has some sort of valve creep.

I'm obviously no expert at this, but thought I'd hazard some opinions to get the discussion going. But seriously, my first stop would probably be to the dealer to have them fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
NoBull6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing