Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake pedal just started squeaking a bit and kinda sounds like it's not lubed or something. That's the best way I can describe it anyway. Does anyone have any idea what it is or if I should be worried? Anyone else ever experience this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys forgot to mention it's when I press on the pedal not my actual break pads or rotors... Any info would be great.

·
Registered
563 Posts
mine does this too, but it started after i was screwing around under the dash near the pedals. so not sure what caused it. Thanks for the TSB eric.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I shouldn't be worried right? I mean my brakes will still work right for my drive home from Vegas? Oh and I just fell out of the warranty period. The TSB will still cover it right?

·
Registered
563 Posts
So I shouldn't be worried right? I mean my brakes will still work right for my drive home from Vegas? Oh and I just fell out of the warranty period. The TSB will still cover it right?
no, i don't believe TSB's are covered even if your under warranty. recalls should always be covered.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. Hmmm.. I've actually had a TSB done on my car in the past and it was covered for free, then again maybe because it was actually under warranty? If anything, that's has to be it. i.e I've gotten my shift shock problem fixed free. Anyone care to chime in on TSB's as well as being able to drive on it for a few days before I can get it in the shop?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've been driving with this "squeak" / "spongy feel" / "snorting sound" for over 1.5 years - no problems so far. I've been meaning to get the brake fluids replaced ... I have to remember it the next time I go in for an oil change.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I called Mazda to make an appt. They are charging $109.00 to have the brakes lines hooked up to a machine and have it flushed and refilled with Mazda brake fluid DOT 3.

So my next question is, do you guys know if that is a good price? I'm assuming it's a bit high compared to some other places but if so, any other place you guys would recommend?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
dude, just come over to my place and we'll do it. i just charge lunch. i think i might even have fluid from working on a friends car a couple weeks ago. worst case is about $12 and 30min or so.

::different place now fyi:::

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am having this exact problem as well. The dealer quoted price of $109 sounds insane!!! I would try an independent shop or just do it yourself. I am looking into doing it myself and was wondering if I need Mazda Brake Fluid or if any kind would be okay? Thanks in advance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts