Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have looked in other threads but didn't see a similar experience posted. My '04 6s wagon has some "groan" in the brake pedal. It doesn't do it all the time. I realize the brakes are power assisted (I assume vacuum) so that is the most likely culprit. I've not experienced any problem with stopping, just the odd sound. The car has under 30K on the odometer.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this phenomenon?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi all,

I have looked in other threads but didn't see a similar experience posted. My '04 6s wagon has some "groan" in the brake pedal. It doesn't do it all the time. I realize the brakes are power assisted (I assume vacuum) so that is the most likely culprit. I've not experienced any problem with stopping, just the odd sound. The car has under 30K on the odometer.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this phenomenon?

Thanks,
Chris
[/b]
i get a groan sometimes if I let up on the break pedal a little but not all the way.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I don't know if this is the same noise, but mine gets this creaky/groaning noise when the pedal is depressed, or released. It's really obnoxious sounding and small moves in the pedal are louder. I lube the seal in the firewall that the shaft goes thru and it goes away for awhile. It's doing again this week, so more lube over the weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts