Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the brake light mod a while ago and it seems like the bulbs that are on the trunk are a bit dimmer then the ones on the fenders. Is this an optical allusion or did i do something wrong?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They should be about the same brightness. Do they look the same with the lights on? I.e., going from tail-light on to tail- and brake-lights on?

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
You did nothing wrong, the inner tails on my car are SLIGHTLY dimmer as well, but I'm the only one that notices it, and I'd rather have them all working, instead of disconnecting them because they don't match perfectly!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I agree with Mz6GreyGhost, the lights on the trunk are dimmer. I think this is do to the reflectors being different. The bulbs are the same so I see no reason why the outer two would be brighter.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I dunno know if this would apply , but i changed the bulbs to leds recentlyy , and noticed that on the trunk , one was dimmer and one was brighter. they are all double contact/ double filament bulbs . changed the bulbs position , and the same position was still having the problem , so , swapped the wires , and that fixed the probelm . i just inverted the wires connecting to the side that was dimmer and it's now brighter = the bulb lights up as if breaking!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The red lenses are a different pattern and diffuse the light differently because they are actually designed as rear fogs for the Euro market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
aaman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing