Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get tint or an overlay for the brake light in the spoiler for the MS6? As you can see in the crappy camera phone pic below, it is clear/whiteish in color. I would like to tint it almost black if possible.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get tint or an overlay for the brake light in the spoiler for the MS6? As you can see in the crappy camera phone pic below, it is clear/whiteish in color. I would like to tint it almost black if possible.

Thanks,
Ryan

[/b]
I'm glad you posted this. I've been looking for the same thing. There is a member I saw on here once selling them for the corners and brake light. I think $10 a pair for the corners and $15 for the brake light. He has 35% and 50% tints I think, but I haven't been able to find the post again and I am wanting some now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Search in the exterior mods section for brake light tint or side marker tint. There was a small write up on this in that section some time back. About a month ago. Basically it involved buying removable tint from your local automotive store and making your own. Shouldn't be too difficult and it is a cheap mod. I will be doing this shortly to my brake light as I have tinted tails with the same non-matching brake light. Perhaps this weekend I will give it a try as I should have some free time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search in the exterior mods section for brake light tint or side marker tint. There was a small write up on this in that section some time back. About a month ago. Basically it involved buying removable tint from your local automotive store and making your own. Shouldn't be too difficult and it is a cheap mod. I will be doing this shortly to my brake light as I have tinted tails with the same non-matching brake light. Perhaps this weekend I will give it a try as I should have some free time.
[/b]
MN6, where you from in MN?

Thanks for the info, I'll look in that section. I would just like an overlay though if I can find it :)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
speaking of lighting, i was thinking of replacing the brake light bulbs with high intensity LEDs. 16bux on ebay. lol

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
309 Posts
MN6, where you from in MN?

Thanks for the info, I'll look in that section. I would just like an overlay though if I can find it :)
[/b]

Lino Lakes, MN.

I work on Vadnais Height though and drive through Arden Hills on a regular basis. Still have not seen your white Speed6 yet.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
those are just the brake bulbs. I think since the lens are red already getting red bulbs are cheaper since that white one is 3bux more. I have to get 2 pairs.

As for the center brake light, it already has a led built in.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lino Lakes, MN.

I work on Vadnais Height though and drive through Arden Hills on a regular basis. Still have not seen your white Speed6 yet.
[/b]
Cool, you should meet up with us Mazda guys from MSProtege.com tomorrow. We are meeting at lake george around 1pm to grill up and chat a bit.

those are just the brake bulbs. I think since the lens are red already getting red bulbs are cheaper since that white one is 3bux more. I have to get 2 pairs.

As for the center brake light, it already has a led built in.
[/b]
Why 2 sets? Is there on on each side of the trunk lid? Never really looked :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool, you should meet up with us Mazda guys from MSProtege.com tomorrow. We are meeting at lake george around 1pm to grill up and chat a bit.
Why 2 sets? Is there on on each side of the trunk lid? Never really looked :)
[/b]
In your first pic and the pic in your sig you can see the four red circles for brake lights :) Two on each side.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
back on the tint question I tinted my clear corners myself and I assume the brake light would be the same

I got a piece of scrap tint from the guy that tinted my windows and secured it over the clears and cut along the shape with a razorblade...very...very...carefuly

came out great! and the best part was the cost $0.00

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In your first pic and the pic in your sig you can see the four red circles for brake lights :) Two on each side.
[/b]

Ah...cool, thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts