Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start a topic on this but I just got a call that my pads are down to 20% and need to be replaced. The dealership is charging $280 for new pads and to machine the rotors. Is this out of whack or about what I should expect? Thanks for the help.
Justin

PS-don't really have time/knowledge/equipment to do this myself.

·
Registered
308 Posts
IIRC, you can get Hawk pads for under $113 for each set, unless he meant $113 for all 4 pads
[/b]
I think you mean all four corners or all 8 pads. Anyways, order some Hawk HPS pads for all 4 corners for about 100 to 115. Go to an outside shop that you trust and labor is less than 100 and they turn your rotors too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just did this also (front only). Arlington (VA) Mazda sold me new rotors for about $63 ea and pads were about $80, free shipping. The install is easy, I almost did it myself but spent 1 hr labor at a local shop. I like the stock brakes.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Typically, your talking $300 per axle, for new pads and machining of existing rotors. Some places also charge $100 for fresh brake fluid too, which they kinda just sneak in there. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. It ended up costing $218 with aftermarket pads on the front. Wasn't expecting to spend it yesterday but really had no choice. Pads went after 28k miles (atx).
Justin

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yea, I'm at 24,000 miles and have less then 20% left on the fronts also. Any idea how much breaks and rotors would cost for all 4? ball park figures???

·
Registered
979 Posts
We just did the focus by on our own front pads and NEW rotors all for $100.... Better than spending a shit to for labor at the local shop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
chikoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing