Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here about people spending huge amounts of time getting the brake dust of the wheels.

Last day I cleand the wheels for the first time in like two months... True to tale it had massive amounts of brake dust. But I don't understand what's so hard in getting it away? I used a wet sponge with some "Yes" dish washer soup and it basicly went away by just tuching it with the sponge.... Only hard part where some ex-insects...

The rims has Ditec paint treatment, but theya where just as easy to clean before we added that...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: Brake dust

I don't find it hard to clean, but the amount of brake dust is excessive..

Hmmmm I don't agree with using dishwashing liquid on cars that's just asking for problems by removing factory coating waxes etc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We have Ditec treatment on the whole car so I guess it's fine...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Brake dust

Originally posted by Blackbird

Last day I cleand the wheels for the first time in like two months.[/b]
Omigod! Your a moderator with nearly 3000 posts, and you allowed your front wheels to become sickly blackened with brake dust for 2 months!!?? That sounds like those "soccer moms" in their Camry's and Accords who have no care regarding automobiles who never wash their cars and drive around with the front wheels looking like charcoal bricks. Get it together man!:sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

We have never had any car worth cleaning :)

No I want it to be nice but dad onws it and he won't even let me take it to a brushless auto-cleaner even that it looks like hell.. He's kinda cheap and says that he decieds when things are done and that I care to much about it since it's not my car... Well..

·
Registered
272 Posts

I haven't done actual tests but it seems if you brake for a longer period of time more softly when coming to a stop rather than braking shorter and harder there is much less brake dust. I don't know if its just coincidence or not and I am not sure why it would be like this.

My rims have been nearly clean for 4 days now, they usually have excessive build up every 2 or 3.

Blackbird is right, just water and a sponge with mild soap can remove it easily, but if you want your rims looking VERY good such as if you have aftermarket rims, it can be time consuming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts