Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the front bra for my 6. I have the steel gray and I was wondering how it would look. I have the sports package. hmmmm.....:sarc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replying to Topic 'BRA'

Did you ever get that bra? I did and I love the way that car looks even more;
I have the silver 6S without the Sport package and am thinking maybe a spoiler would have been a nice offset to the bra...Otherwise I love the silhouette.

I will get pics to post sometime this week...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Reading Topic: BRA

I would love to see some pics when you get them, and also how much did it cost you and did you order it from your dealer. Its getting into the love-bug season here in florida and the front of my car gets covered easily.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts

I purchased a bra for my 6 from the dealer, cost was a $120.00. I have a black 6s so the bra did nothing for the appearance. I had to have it though because my 6 is only about a month old and already have 3 small chips on the hood. Man I hate winter. Install was easy enough however you really have to stretch it to get it on the first time.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Personally I think bras cause more paint problems than they fix. They trap dirt particles underneath them and cause scratches when they flap around. They cause uneven paint fade. I would go with an application of Stongard or similar before going to a bra.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I agree with Kenoka. For my Dark Grey M6, I decided to get bug deflector instrad of the bra. It prevents chips and looks pretty good.

·
Registered
837 Posts

On my old Accord, I had the BRA for it. After a few months, I took the bottom part that covered the bumper and only had the hood part on it. After I removed the bumper part, there would be the little faint line where the edge touches the paint. I removed it because even the OEM bra from Honda would not fit nicely. It would shift very easily. Plus lots of dirt and grime gets into it. I left the hood part because the faint line bothered me too much too look at it.

However, after the year I completely took it off and put the 3M film on the hood.

To make the long story short. I now use the 3M film on my Mazda 6. Makes it so much nicer and cleaner looking and will work to a certain extent. It should hinder small stone chip. However, if a moose or a boulder fall on your hood, it won't do you any good.

Check my thread to see what it looks like up close and how it looks like from a distant.

http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3097

·
Registered
376 Posts
Replying to Topic 'BRA'

Originally posted by hieppo

Don't know if a bra is even good on a girl.  I think I rather have no BRA at all on a girl. :p[/b]
it depends on the model you know... and of course, it won't take a year like you took on your car to take it off!!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'BRA'

Originally posted by mazda666

Originally posted by hieppo

Don't know if a bra is even good on a girl.  I think I rather have no BRA at all on a girl. :p[/b]
it depends on the model you know... and of course, it won't take a year like you took on your car to take it off!!!! :D:D:D[/b][/quote]
Ain't that the truth. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replying to Topic 'BRA'

I agree that a bra wreaks havoc with paint. I had a tan thunderbird that had major discoloration after 3 years...3 brutal winter and NY salt. It was basically caked dust under the bra, which I figured was my fault since I never took it off for those 3 years.

I plan to take it off when I wax so that i can clean the area and also wax it before putting it back on. It's a chance I have to take since I travel 150 miles on dusty Taconic Parkway every weekend. I had never heard of the 3M treatment before, definietly something I will look into as soon I see any discoloration. But since I already spent my $120....

BTW I posted pics on Page 2 at CarDomain.com

·
Registered
446 Posts

Cool pics kiedh6s. I grew up in Yorktown, 45 mins south of Poughkeepsie - 15 mins east of Peekskill. I live in Albany now. My Pathfinder is from Poughkeepsie Nissan and I also used to drive a Thunderbird (it even had a bra on it when I bought it). Small world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts