Mazda 6 Forums banner

BOV HP gains

3K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Road Rage 
#1 ·
Has anyone dyno'd a MS6 pre and post BOV install? I've been debating installing one, but a buddy of mine said it's really just going to add sound, not HP. Before I drop $250+ on a BOV I'd like to know that there are some real performance gains to be had. He said I might see 5hp, but he thinks people really get it more for the added sound.

I know as ton of you have them, what's the REAL skinny? Could you feel/measure any tangible performance enhancement? Even SOTP would be okay here :drive:

Thanks

#8 ·
The stock plastic BPV is really cheesy though.
[/b]
Yup, and from the looks of the couple of pics on the other thread, not too hardy :( Course that is the 1st one I've seen fail on this forum.

That said, if it's really mainly about sound, I'll prolly keep stock for now and go with a cat-back for now. I can already hear the BOV plenty - almost too much in fact - since installing the MS CAI :D

#11 ·
just do the dsm valve mod, you guys are nuts for paying 250 for an hks or greddy. They are readily available on ebay and require 10 minutes work to get it to drop right in. easily holds 18psi+ [/b]

is there a thread/how-to on this somewhere...my search button, um, broke, yeah thats the ticket

#14 ·
Just got one with a turbo I got for my DSM. Paid like 30 or so for a used one. And it not being shiny... well, I'll make it shiny.... and plan to paint the ugly green top on it. But that is the bov I will be using as its cheap and can hold plenty of boost without a problem. Heck, new ones can be bought for around $60-80.

#23 ·
I would be curious about cost and availiblity of a DSM bov, I wont replace mine unless it fails but if it does I would like alternatives....

#24 ·
I would be curious about cost and availiblity of a DSM bov, I wont replace mine unless it fails but if it does I would like alternatives....
[/b]
have you checked yours lately?
my speed6 has only 700 miles and a mazdaspeed cali. the dealer has replaced my bov twice and guess what it still leaks :swearin: now i am talking to the mazda rep because the dealer says mazda will not cover the warenty work on the bov unless it totaly fails. :(

#25 ·
how would I go about checking it, just remove it? Any other tell tail signs I should look for?

#26 ·
have you checked yours lately?
my speed6 has only 700 miles and a mazdaspeed cali. the dealer has replaced my bov twice and guess what it still leaks :swearin: now i am talking to the mazda rep because the dealer says mazda will not cover the warenty work on the bov unless it totaly fails. :(
[/b]

How could u tell it leaks? Do u have a boost gauge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.