Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right as I started the car to leave the dealership and what do I see? The check engine light in all it's glory!!! :sarc Luckily I had seen several threads on this discussion board discussing the CEL and the hose that makes it appear so I wasn't really all that worried.

I must say the sales process at my dealer was very disappointing. Not only do they treat you like cattle and try to rush you through the process, all the while they're trying to sell you underbody protection, gap insurance (for a new car); extended warrenties, everything you have to decide RIGHT NOW!!! It was very disappointing that the dealership would treat us in such a way. I guess that's why we have our surveys, right.

Luckily the service managers were much nicer and friendlier people. They were impressed that this board already had information on this problem. Just wanted to say thanks for having this board, and I will go back to lurking in the shadows!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Bought my very own 6 last night and...'

Oh, yeah. I got a Steel Gray 6s, loaded (sport package, leather, moon roof, bose, sports grill, homelink, autodimm, cassette player). I'm on the S plan so mine cost $24,195 minus a $250 factory rebate, so $23,945 (+tax, title, and license).

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Bought my very own 6 last night and...

I went to dealership about a week and a half ago and had a similar experience. I went in there with no intention of purchasing the car, I just wanted to see what kind of price I would get. Although a nice guy, the salesman was very pushy as well. He was trying to get me to purchase the car right there and then....I was very tempted.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Man, my car is very popular: 6s in Steel Metallic Gray. Is it an MT or AT?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Congratulations on your new car! Hope the CEL is solved, and you're on track again.

Good luck, and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

The dealer I worked with was pretty cool, but still tried to push most of that stuff on me as well. However, saying something to the effect of.. "If you appreciate my business you will give me a couple of days to think about that extended warranty, undercoat, etc protection..". It usually works and will give you a few days to think about it without having a dealer staring you in the face waiting for an answer. Give it a try!

·
Registered
514 Posts

Congrats!!! if you don't mind (and if you have a cam); could you kindly post some pictures? I'm gona get mine in the same color.

Also, could you possibly post a detail pic of the homelink mirror (I want to see how (in)conspicuous the power wire leading to the stalk is up near the roofline).

thanks!
-Alt

·
Registered
268 Posts

Nice. I got my Lapis Blue 6s, fully loaded (except the cassette player) for 24000 flat. What is the S plan?

Originally posted by Killerfred

Oh, yeah.  I got a Steel Gray 6s, loaded (sport package, leather, moon roof, bose, sports grill, homelink, autodimm, cassette player).  I'm on the S plan so mine cost $24,195 minus a $250 factory rebate, so $23,945 (+tax, title, and license).[/b]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The S-Plan is essentially a deal that companies have with Ford if they buy a lot of cars through them. Ford (and partners) will provide the employees of those companies a flat price on the car that is usually somewhere around invoice. For the 6 I believe it was $50 below invoice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have the AT because my wife doesn't drive stick...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I was actually quite pleased with the service department at my dealership. They took care of the CEL by adding a clamp on the end of the hose so that it won't come off. Hopefully that won't break the plastic piece it's attaching to, but if it does it's all under warranty, right?!!?

I also complained about a vibration / rattle in my doors I heard when driving home. They couldn't reproduce it so they came out with me and spent about 5 minutes trying to reproduce it. It was pretty nice of them to do. Hopefully it was just part of the break in! ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by Absolut

The dealer I worked with was pretty cool, but still tried to push most of that stuff on me as well.  However, saying something to the effect of.. "If you appreciate my business you will give me a couple of days to think about that extended warranty, undercoat, etc protection..".  It usually works and will give you a few days to think about it without having a dealer staring you in the face waiting for an answer.  Give it a try![/b]
Yeah, that's essentially what I did, I just didn't appreciate the fact that they try to pawn off $2500 worth of crap (and it is crap) the moment I just dropped $25000 in their showroom.

Also, what is with them not covering rust caused by road salt, acid rain, hail, or sand stone? That just blew my mind. My Lexus dealer will replace any part that shows rust for free for the life of the car. I think Mazda should have more pride and instill confidence in their buyers instead of making them feel insecure by saying they need to pay $2500 for these products because your car:

a) won't hold it's value
B) will rust
c) the interior will stain
d) the undercarriage will rust
e) your tires will go flat

Oh well, I guess I'm just used to a higher standard of customer service and satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I think Mazda should have more pride and instill confidence in their buyers instead of making them feel insecure by saying they need to pay $2500 for these products because your car:[/b]
That's not Mazda. That the dealer trying to pad his profit by selling you things you don't need, at HUGE, HUGE markups!

Oh well, I guess I'm just used to a higher standard of customer service and satisfaction.[/b]
Find another dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by LBJay

I think Mazda should have more pride and instill confidence in their buyers instead of making them feel insecure by saying they need to pay $2500 for these products because your car:[/b]
That's not Mazda. That the dealer trying to pad his profit by selling you things you don't need, at HUGE, HUGE markups!

Oh well, I guess I'm just used to a higher standard of customer service and satisfaction.[/b]
Find another dealer.[/b][/quote]

As long as it's not Mazda that makes me feel better. I would think that they would hold their dealers to a higher standard though. I guess it's kind of hard to control. Unfortunately this is the one that is most convenient. Fortunately I have had no issue with their service department so far. Just the sales / financing departments.

·
Registered
878 Posts

I was actually quite pleased with the service department at my dealership.  They took care of the CEL by adding a clamp on the end of the hose so that it won't come off.  Hopefully that won't break the plastic piece it's attaching to, but if it does it's all under warranty, right?!!?

I also complained about a vibration / rattle in my doors I heard when driving home.  They couldn't reproduce it so they came out with me and spent about 5 minutes trying to reproduce it.  It was pretty nice of them to do.  Hopefully it was just part of the break in!  ;)[/b]
I had a vibration as well when I first picked up the car back in Jan. Ended up being a lose screw in the drivers door control panel. The part where you grab the door to close it, there is a rubber strip at the bottom of that pocket. Under that is the screw that was not tighened all the way. Tight screw = no vibration.....:D Have them give a look there and the passenger side as well. Good luck :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Bought my very own 6 last night and...'

Somebody needs to call the UAW and get them to chastise the Door Screw Tightening Guy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts