Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to this website. I just purchased a used MAZDA6 with 33k miles on it today. All the pictures I have seen of the drl on the Mazda6 don’t match what I have. It seems that the drl is just the regular light but not as bright. It took forever to find out because apparently they don’t turn on unless your driving so I had to park in front of reflective windows and drive towards them lol. With more research it seems the design I’m referring to is only on the grand touring? I’m not sure but it had a line on the bottom of the headlight and another going through the center of the headlight, almost cutting through the led projector. if mine doesn’t come with it, I’m going to be upset lol. I really wanted that look and might have to buy new ones.
Then I had my sister drive my car and noticed the inner tail lights were completely out. The reverse light works but right now it just looks like one led light in the center. There’s no design or anything. I was going to check the fuses but the fuse for the tail lights are also for other lights that work so it can’t be that. Anything about my light problems would help dramatically. I’m excited for this purchase but want to make sure it wasn’t in an accident or something that wasn’t reported.

·
Super Moderator
16,876 Posts
My 3rd gen is a little older than yours but I remember my trunk lights not working properly because a separate wire connector wasn't fully pushed in after some work was done on the car. The connector (in mine, if I remember correctly) is inside the trunk, on the left side, behind the fabric where the trunk arms tuck in. It's either that, or behind the liner attached to the trunk itself.

Also - cheap aftermarket LEDs are finicky - some only work when plugged in a certain direction - it's certainly possible someone replaced ("upgraded") the bulbs but didn't bother to double check.

·
Administrator
8,432 Posts
For the headlamps... The photo you have posted is a headlamp from a Reserve or Signature. When the DRLs are operating on those models, you also get the LED "ring" lighting up, as shown. The Grand Touring and lower models only have the projector lamp lit for the DRL.

As for the tails... I haven't followed a GT or lower model, so I'm not 100% sure the inner tails light up on them. I know they do on the Reserve and Signature (they're also LEDs).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts