Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I traded in my 2003 6s for new Velocity Red Mica '06 Mazdaspeed6. I have really been waiting for the Speed6 to come out since I first saw a picture of a red one in late 2004. The car just represents everything that I have wanted in the Mazda6. It has great power, great handling, much better interior, HIDs, and just a bunch of small things here and there that I love. To me it's like what Window XP is to Windows Millenium lol, or maybe simply Windows XP SP1 to Windows XP SP2.. lol enough with the computer analogies.

The car is so much more different than my 6s. The car definately feels more rigid than my 6s. I run over the same crappy New England roads near my job in the Speed6 and the car feels as rigid as a steel rod. Conversely, I used to feel some body flex in my 6s over the same roads, especially if turning and accerating while running over a rough patch. Although I'm wondeing if perhaps this was more so in the latter years since the car was 3 years old already.

The Dynamic Stability Control has alread saved my ass once, on an onramp to I-95 north in Warwick. I took a curve too fast and I could feel the back end start to shift, but the car basically took control of the situation and breezed thru the curve without a problem. I haven't turned it off until I get used to how the car handles and the extra weight of the AWD system.

And the power. The whine of the turbo is much different than the growl in my 6s. Not necessarily better, but different.

I'll post pics as soon as I get the car back. Right now the windows are bring tinted with 20% Llumar tint. I should get it back this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Nice, well hopefully we'll see it at a future meet?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Dynamic Stability Control has alread saved my ass once, on an onramp to I-95 north in Warwick. I took a curve too fast and I could feel the back end start to shift, but the car basically took control of the situation and breezed thru the curve without a problem.[/b]
Congrats on the Speed6, the velocity red mica with the tinted windows would be my color of choice, it is absolutely perfect.

It's good that the car that got your ass in trouble (because it is so fast and awesome!) was able to save it. I doubt that you would have been taking the corner as fast if you still had your 6!

Enjoy! :drive:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome AND get it to a track or closed LOT where you can practice driving aggresively.. You will learn the little things others have not stated yet. LIKE: over steer due to the pwr shift and traction from front to rear. Also the other end of the DSC.. Dragging the car around a U -turn. A snail will pass you... LOL

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome fellow New Englander to the Speed club.> where did you get it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome fellow New Englander to the Speed club.> where did you get it?
[/b]
Tasca in Cranston, RI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the puchase. You will love it. I have had mine since 12/31/05 and cant wait to drive it everyday. Great color choice too. I went with the Titanium Gray Metallic Grand Touring with navi and moonroof. The velocity red mica was my close 2nd choice.

·
Registered
947 Posts
CONGRATS! I love my 6 but I can't wait to upgrade to the Speed6 in a couple yrs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
skatingzooyork
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing