Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a nod to the NM owners, I thought us Mass-Holes in the Greater Boston area should dedicate ourselves a thread. Feel free to use words like Packi, without having to give an explanation. We need to get monthly Boston meets going on this summer. It seems like they're always down the Cape. There's been two since I joined this site, and I missed them both. Why don't we start out by saying where you're from, a pic of your car, or whatever is on your mind. Many of you know me, I'm dougefresh and I'm in Quincy. There's a pic of my car in my sig, lol. After the CPE fmic gets installed tomorrow, and I get her cleaned up, I'll post some more.

Also, where do you guys think would be a good place for a meet? I've seen a decent size Civic meet in the parking garage next to Sears in the South Shore Plaza. That works for me, but I'm sure they're are other locations, so if you know of a place to meet, give a shout.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I'm not a speed, I'm 100% down to drive someones haha.
Cool, you can drive Carlson's because he hasn't posted yet, haha.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dougefresh, thanks for starting this thread.

I'm in Plainville,MA bout 40 miles from Boston but willing to drive for meets anytime after work (used to go to boston 2 - 3 times a week before)

I know there's another gray stock-looking Speed6 in quincy (some apartments at squantum st, friend just bought a condo there so I saw the other speed6 while visiting).

Would be nice to meet other people and I'm probably be the most shy among the group :blush:

Just curious, have cops ever turned up at meets to see what's going on ? I've never been to one before. hehe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
121 Posts
gonna be in CT saturday and then work a 24 hour shift sunday :tear:
no worries summer is just beginning. well im not free all day. only in the am, just got some redsox tix behind home plate.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doug did you get the FMIC on yesterday???!!!???
Yup! Was a late night. Posted some pics in the regulars MS6 section. Got a boost leak(s) though. EMS is gonna help me hunt them down, and put them to death Sat am.

douge i didnt know you were a comedian, anywhere works for me. actually theres a meet this sat Herb Chambers Lexus - Cars and Coffee - May 8 - Mazda Forums im free all day if that works.
Actually, I'm a struggling comedian. Wait, no, I'm just struggling, haha. I can't make it bc I gotta fix the boost leaks. Hoping it doesn't rain. Thanks for the heads up, and I appreciate you posting local meets in here for us :). I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate a heads up on local meets you discover!

Dougefresh, thanks for starting this thread.

I'm in Plainville,MA bout 40 miles from Boston but willing to drive for meets anytime after work (used to go to boston 2 - 3 times a week before)

I know there's another gray stock-looking Speed6 in quincy (some apartments at squantum st, friend just bought a condo there so I saw the other speed6 while visiting).

Would be nice to meet other people and I'm probably be the most shy among the group :blush:

Just curious, have cops ever turned up at meets to see what's going on ? I've never been to one before. hehe
I haven't spotted that gray speed6 yet, but if it's the apts near the "T" overpass that's like a mile from me. Don't worry about being shy. Never heard of cops showing up. Hell, in MA, feel free to spark a fatty if you're not driving back, and you can't even get arrested. If it's kind bud, I'll split the fine with you, lol. No need to worry about cops.

·
Registered
306 Posts
haha..good to hear that.

Yea i'm talking bout the apartments near the T, probably about 1 mile away too..dang it i forgotten the name of the complex..lol

Can't wait to see your car too...been following your threads about your car :D

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha..good to hear that.

Yea i'm talking bout the apartments near the T, probably about 1 mile away too..dang it i forgotten the name of the complex..lol

Can't wait to see your car too...been following your threads about your car :D
Dude, are you talking about the Archstone apartment complex? It's like across the street from that beat up road that snakes around and comes out at the 99 (restaurant)?

What color is your car btw? My car looks bone stock with the exception of the wheels, and well, now you can see the FMIC in the front. Stock ride height, and everything else. Wish I could do more cosmetics, but I'm broke atm. It's kinda weird being done preformance-wise for now, lol. Do springs count? lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh dude..I just asked my friend..the gray speed6 is in thoreau woods.

I do go to archstone..well, sagamore place, to pick my friend (his other place) from time to time.

You live there ?? I didn't notice any white Speed6 there yet.

My car's gray with stock wheels, stock height..but i debadged the rear. haha...there's always a penguin in the rear armrest. lulz.

Gonna to my motor mounts and rear diff mounts soon..still on backorder ftl. I might just go with SU mounts instead. haha

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh dude..I just asked my friend..the gray speed6 is in thoreau woods.

I do go to archstone..well, sagamore place, to pick my friend (his other place) from time to time.

You live there ?? I didn't notice any white Speed6 there yet.

My car's gray with stock wheels, stock height..but i debadged the rear. haha...there's always a penguin in the rear armrest. lulz.

Gonna to my motor mounts and rear diff mounts soon..still on backorder ftl. I might just go with SU mounts instead. haha
Cool. I saw a wwp speed6 at Hanifords on Hancock St if you know where that is, about a month ago. By the time I got out of the store, it was gone. It looked stock.
No, I live near Marina Bay. Penguin in the armrest? I don't follow. Get the CPE mount... worth the wait. Did you try both CPE and the rpm store? Call CPE and ask when they'll be done. They're probably more expensive from CPE, but at least you'll get an idea as to when they'll be ready.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I roughly know where Hancock St is..but it wasn't me for sure. haha. To be honest, I haven't seen a white Speed6 in person before. Or even red, for that matter.

Saw mostly gray and black ones before and we usually wave at each other on the highway.

Ah sorry, i mean there's a penguin soft toy stuffed in the rear arm rest...hehe. Given as a gift by close friends.

When I last checked, it was a week ago and they were still preparing the mounts. I have to check again. Broke now since i had to replace my tires last week -_-"

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I roughly know where Hancock St is..but it wasn't me for sure. haha. To be honest, I haven't seen a white Speed6 in person before. Or even red, for that matter.

Saw mostly gray and black ones before and we usually wave at each other on the highway.

Ah sorry, i mean there's a penguin soft toy stuffed in the rear arm rest...hehe. Given as a gift by close friends.

When I last checked, it was a week ago and they were still preparing the mounts. I have to check again. Broke now since i had to replace my tires last week -_-"
A bunch of people from 247 are getting together for a "Spring Cleaning" down the Cape. Go over there, and find the NEPOC section... that's where most of the New England meets are organized. Check out the "Spring Cleaning" thread over there. I never posted in the NEPOC section, so they just asked to introduce myself in a new thread. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it... it depends on how I feel and how the car is running. So, post in there, and introduce yourself in new thread, and ask if it's cool if you go. They're a really friendly group. I still want Boston meets, because going to the Cape is a pita, and puts miles on my car! lol

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone from Lowell? I've seen a speed or two when I head there for school.
Nope, Quincy here. I'm pretty sure I've seen people from Lowell on here, but I have no clue where or who. May have been on other MS6 forums.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First Boston Meet

SO, for our first Boston meet it just realized that Wollaston Beach in Quincy may be a great spot to meet, as long as the weather is good. It's a good stretch of road on the water (duh) with plenty of parking. HOWEVER, depending on how many people want to come, we would probably have to get there pretty early, because it is a beach, and the spots get taken pretty quickly. You're not allowed to drink on the beach, however, it's easy to mix yourself up a couple rum n cokes, or whatever you like.

The beach is right there, and there are a couple restaurants right across the street if you want to grab a bite, or a couple cold beers. I'd give serious props to anyone who brought one of those big beach tent things! I've got 4 of those folding canvas chair things I can bring too. Yes, it is convenient to me, lol, but it's the only place that comes to mind that is nice, with a lot of (free) public parking, and it's on the water, so you can't beat that!! Here are a couple crappy pics I just snagged from Google Images.

In the first pic, you can see plenty of parking above the second peir that sticks out.

The second shot is a pic of the boardwalk (in the winter apparently, lol), and you can see where some of the parking begins down there.

I'd like to get something going in the next 3-4 weeks, so let me know if you like this idea, and what your schedules are. I'm assuming the weekends are best for most.... I only work M,T,W, so I'm free after that.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I work a 24 on sunday and tuesday and Saturday is wife day but I can sli away if that the only day that works for the majority.
Cool. Let's see what people's schedules are like. I know EMS's schedule varies and he has some weekdays off, and I'm off ThF, so maybe we could pick up a couple more deadbeats and get together on a Thurs/Fri as well... plenty of parking too. I was gonna post something in 247 about a Boston meet, but haven't had a chance. I kinda want to direct em' here so it's not a cross-posting cluster-fuck, but I don't know how many of them are on this site? I know it would only be 6's... I dunno. Do you want to try to keep it mostly MS6's? Don't want to be excluding people, but all MS6's would be nice :)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts