Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that the stock sound system is better than the bose upgrade? is this true and what does the bose system have thats so much better

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: bose

While we are on the topic of the Bose system...

One of my buddies at work had a concern about the Subwoofer being located in the rear deck. He said that over time, it will probably develop rattles from the rear window/deck/c-pillar. Does anyone else share this fear?

Also, has *anyone* with the Bose setup looked at the internals yet? Has it been confirmed that it is a different head unit or has it been confirmed that the Bose HU has RCA pre-amp outputs? Or has it been verified if the MP3 CD player will work with the Bose HU?

Questions Questions Questions, but no answers...

·
Registered
656 Posts

I would also like to know if the bose system has rca preouts. If I could keep the stock head unit and add on a couple of amps that would be sweet. Also, the money I spend on the bose upgrade that I "have to get" to get the sunroof wouldn't be a total waste.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'bose'

I think someone found out the Bose does have RCA pre-outs because the speakers are driven by an external amplifier. I think it's under the passenger seat, but I don't know for sure. Anyway, definitely good news for installing aftermarket amps/speakers/eq's.

·
Registered
102 Posts

It's worth mentioning that you don't HAVE to get the bose upgrade or any other package to get the sunroof. I've heard that if you special order your 6 then you can get any options you want. Or you can do it like me, and search all the semi-local dealerships for the model you want. I have the base 6 model + sunroof.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Does anyone in NA have the Bose option w/o the Sport Package? If so, where is your third tailight? I am pretty sure the Bose is still tied to the Sport option...

·
Registered
102 Posts

I can't answer this directly, but I've looked under my rear deck and noticed what looks to be the cut-out pattern for the bose subwoofer. The cut-out area does not overlap with the rear-deck taillight, so I don't think there would be a conflict.

·
Registered
455 Posts

I am not happy with the my bose becuase the speakers sound like they are in a barrel no matter what I do. Also, my version does not have a midrange tuner like some other models and I am not sure why.

·
Registered
15 Posts

it does not have a midrange option on any car model that is equipped with bose. Bose presets all the frequencies so the user only has bass and treble to adjust. That's the thing I hate about bose.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Replying to Topic 'bose'

Originally posted by Structure350

does the subwoofer hit hard?is it like the protegespeed subwoofer[/b]
I haven't got my 6 delivered yet but I have heard the proteges stereo. The sub in the protege is 250 watts comared to the whole 6 stereo at 200 watts, you can't compare the two.

·
Registered
656 Posts

No the subwoofer in the six does not hit hard.It's a tiny woofer with no box. Free air woofers sound like crap.
In fact I am quite dissapointed in the whole bose set up. The speakers sound muffled, the clarity is awful and it rattles. I'm hopeing that if I get some new amps, replace all the speakers, get a real subwoofer and maybe put some dynamat in the doors that it will sound good enough to at least keep the head unit.
IMHO This upgrade is not worth 600 bucks .

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Replying to Topic 'bose'

Originally posted by joboy77

No the subwoofer in the six does not hit hard.It's a tiny woofer with no box. Free air woofers sound like crap.  
In fact I am quite dissapointed in the whole bose set up. The speakers sound muffled, the clarity is awful and it rattles. I'm hopeing that if I get some new amps, replace all the speakers, get a real subwoofer and maybe put some dynamat in the doors that it will sound good enough to at least keep the head unit.  
IMHO This upgrade is not worth 600 bucks .[/b]
I think it is worth it because of the 6 disc changer, which is in itself a $500 option. For the extra $100 you get 2 extra speakers and the sub. I bought it even thought I am going to upgrade the stereo, because I want to do a few other things to the car first and I wanted the factory six disc.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Replying to Topic 'bose'

Originally posted by joboy77

No the subwoofer in the six does not hit hard.It's a tiny woofer with no box. Free air woofers sound like crap.[/b]
Tell me that after you hear a few JL Audio IB series subs, or an Image Dynamics IDMax. IB subs sound damn good if done correctly.

·
Registered
656 Posts

IMO free air woofers don't sound nearly as good as woofers that are in an enclosure. But, I will admit I haven't heard a free air system in a long time so the new stuff probably sounds alot better.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I have the bose and most of the time have the bass on-2 and even at that I get a little vibration in the doors. anyone else get any vibrating noise?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: bose

Yes, I posted a couple days ago in a different thread that I'm disappointed with the Bose b/c it seems like the door speakers put out more bass than the damn sub.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: bose

Yes, lots of vibration/rattles from the doors. I think I'm going to try and put some in-line filters on the door speakers to filter out the low frequencies. Maybe that will help some.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts