Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got finished installing an Alpine MRV-401 V12 amp and a Kenwood PS-200 amp bridged for the sub, and two Audiocontrol Overdrive two channel line drivers. Replaced all the Bose speakers and amp, kept the factory head unit. It sounds great and has absolutely no noise whatsoever. I think setting up the line drivers with balanced inputs and unbalanced outputs has a lot to do with eliminating any noise, but that's just my opinion. The wiring diagrams and all the other info to be found in these threads was extremely accurate and helpful and I want to thank everyone who posted all this info.
Regards, Sam :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

thanks for the info,

i was wondering with the stock HU, does anyone know if the steering wheel controls are controlled via a COM protocol or a CAN protocol??

im trying to install my parrot steeringwheel controls for the bluetooth kit i have, and it doesn't seem to fully work...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just did an install this w/e, replaced all the factory speakers and ran an amp and sub. I taped in before the factory amp and the door speakers sound ok to me but the sub doesn't, i taped the sub at the rear driver speaker and think that may be it as I've seen others taping in at the factory sub but I did try that and it didn't seem to work but obviously did it wrong. Question is if taping in the read door for the sub signal would work? I have other questions but I'd be happy to get an answer to this one first. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe I'm just missing the info on here or I'm not really understanding all that I'm seeing... but I have what should be a simple question.

The Bose system in my 05 6 has seen better days. The sub appears to be fine, the head unit is working great, but some of the speakers sound like they've been abused a little too much. I'm looking to just replace the door speakers without any major rewiring or any other crazy crap.

Am I just going to be able to swap in new speakers? Obviously I'll have to be sure that I'm getting the right size for the doors (6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the rear), but will it be a reasonably painless install? Also, I'm pretty sure the tweeters work fine, but would it be worth the time\money to get a full component set and swap out the tweeters too? I'm assuming that if I do have to swap out the tweeters, the cover comes off when I remove the door panel?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What wire is what on the subwoofer pinout?

I have a2004 Mazda 6 with a Bose system in it. I want tohook up a amp with two subs. In the rear deck there is a small sub already with wire colors Blue with red stripe,black,brown,andblack with red stripe. Can i tap off these wires to turn my amp on and to feed it the sub signal?

Can someone tell me what wire is what? There is a main wire (thicker) house what I assuem is the (-) and (+) speaker wire that is sheilded and I think with a non insulated ground??? Then there are two other wires that I assume are the power to the amp and the other is a ground??? Can someone confrim what colours are what?
Thanks

41 - 45 of 45 Posts