Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the stock Bose system on the Mazda 6? I also would like to know how the premium stereo upgrade sounds. The Bose system on the Acura RSX is pure crap, that's why I have doubts on the Bose system.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Bose system

I doubt it sucks. Its a 200 Watt with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. It also has a 6 inch woofer [I think it's 6 inch]. Not the enthusiasts diehard sound system. But I would think it's quite capable.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The 6 bose has a 9" sub and it doesn't sound too bad. I usually mod my systems to my liking.
However, I find that this system isn't bad and actually sounds pretty good. Now, it's not great by any means but most people will find it to be rather decent. It's all relative to what you're experienced in hearing. Personally, I don't like Bose but will get it in my 6 as it'll be decent enough until I decide what I will change and how I will change it.

Tome

·
Registered
526 Posts

It all depends on what you're comparing it to. If your ear is used to $1,000++ aftermarket systems, it'll sound pretty dull. If factory systems is more what you've heard, it'll sound great.

FWIW - I'm not an audiophile, but I've been a musician for 14 years. The Bose is plenty good for me.

·
Registered
350 Posts

The sound is very good when the car is not moving.
Otherwise it has a little strange bass reproduction.

Oh, I have the hatch which isn't the same as the 4-door.

I'm rather pleased however.

Bose home sound system is terrible so this car system is much better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Bose system'

I think the BOSE as a factory system sounds good, but I'm not planning on keeping it in my car for too much longer.... it definitely lacks...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Do you think its worth upgrading to the premium stereo package?

·
Registered
47 Posts

Hi chindo, I notice that you are located in Canada. I'm in Ontario as well and just picked up my new 6 a few days ago. I'm not sure how the packages are offered in the U.S. compared to Canada but here you can't even get the Bose system without getting the GFX package and the sunroof. Some dealers might quote the price for the GFX, stereo, and moonroof separately, but in the end they must be taken together (about $2000 extra). So for us Canadians when it comes to making this choice it is a much more expensive choice that needs to be made.

·
Registered
350 Posts

I'll have to change my mind, after som serious listening I think the Bose sounds great.
Don't use MP3:s burned to CD:s to evaluate because then you wont hear how good it can be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts