Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an alpine-9856 deck along with two subs and an amp as well as the metra dash kit....now I installed everything, connected/spliced all the wires and what not only to find out the the speakers now max out around 10 (volume) on the deck...the subs won't hit until the volume reaches around 20 i kept the entire bose system in along with the amp why are the speakers putting out so much sound? the alpine deck has an option to turn of the internal amplifier if an external amplifier is being uses. I thought that because of the amp from the bose system I would turn of the internal hu amp and all would work out, only when I do this the speakers turn off as well. I couldn't find any other posts with similar problems...what should I do? any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just bought an alpine-9856 deck along with two subs and an amp as well as the metra dash kit....now I installed everything, connected/spliced all the wires and what not only to find out the the speakers now max out around 10 (volume) on the deck...the subs won't hit until the volume reaches around 20 i kept the entire bose system in along with the amp why are the speakers putting out so much sound? the alpine deck has an option to turn of the internal amplifier if an external amplifier is being uses. I thought that because of the amp from the bose system I would turn of the internal hu amp and all would work out, only when I do this the speakers turn off as well. I couldn't find any other posts with similar problems...what should I do? any help would be greatly appreciated[/b]

Did you use the line out (pre-amp?) instead of the speaker outs? I am *guessing* that it's getting amplified twice, basically. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this will come save the day.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you're running speaker level inputs into your bose amp you'll probably end up burning it out.

instead, use the line level RCA outputs on your new HU into RCA with pigtail ends that you splice into the harness that plugs into the OEM harness behind the deck.

you have aftermarket subs? if you do, you should run your RCA for the subs directly from the new deck to your sub amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.