Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have looked at all of the write-ups and almost got what I need but want to make sure. I bought an Alpine Mono amp to power my kicker L5. I know that I can tap into the blue/red wire for the remote and use the others to connect my Line Converter thing... (I am a noob when it cmoes to this) Here are a few questions?

1. Which line-in is positive?
2. Which line in is negative? (since my colors did not exactly match the ones on the other posts.
3. Where did you guys find a hole in the firewall to run a 4g wire?
4. How does that clip for the Bose Sub come off. I tried and it would not budge? (Almost came close to breaking it) :swearin:
5. Where is the best way to mount the amp?

I know this might have been discussed already, but it will help if someone could just answer these questions real quick for me. I would apprecaite it. If someone lives in the S. FLA, Fort Lauderdale area, let me know if you can give a fellow speed6 owner a hand so I do not abuse my baby. Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated!!! Please don't bash me if it has been discussed cuase I know a few topics have been.

:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Okay guys, I have looked at all of the write-ups and almost got what I need but want to make sure. I bought an Alpine Mono amp to power my kicker L5. I know that I can tap into the blue/red wire for the remote and use the others to connect my Line Converter thing... (I am a noob when it cmoes to this) Here are a few questions?

2. Which line in is negative? (since my colors did not exactly match the ones on the other posts.
4. How does that clip for the Bose Sub come off. I tried and it would not budge? (Almost came close to breaking it) :swearin:

I know this might have been discussed already, but it will help if someone could just answer these questions real quick for me. I would apprecaite it. If someone lives in the S. FLA, Fort Lauderdale area, let me know if you can give a fellow speed6 owner a hand so I do not abuse my baby. Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated!!! Please don't bash me if it has been discussed cuase I know a few topics have been.

:D
[/b]
I will check for you this afternoon on colors. I am running the bose sub and my kicker. Are you intending on leaving the bose sub hooked up as well? I just tapped the line converter into the black housing that connects to the bottom of the sub, it simply unbolts off of the sub. If you unscrew that, the harness is easy to unplug. For the amp wiring, I actually drilled a new hole into the firewall right next to the cluster of wires that already pass through it. It was way too much work to squeeze anything else through there. Jsut make sure you use a grommet. Right now, I have my amp sitting on the floor in the trunk. I have all the wiring running behind the plastic cover. I just have some velcro on the bottom of th amp to try to limit sliding. I am going to build an amp rack sometime this spring to mount on the back of the seat and clean up the floor.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check for you this afternoon on colors. I am running the bose sub and my kicker. Are you intending on leaving the bose sub hooked up as well? I just tapped the line converter into the black housing that connects to the bottom of the sub, it simply unbolts off of the sub. If you unscrew that, the harness is easy to unplug. For the amp wiring, I actually drilled a new hole into the firewall right next to the cluster of wires that already pass through it. It was way too much work to squeeze anything else through there. Jsut make sure you use a grommet. Right now, I have my amp sitting on the floor in the trunk. I have all the wiring running behind the plastic cover. I just have some velcro on the bottom of th amp to try to limit sliding. I am going to build an amp rack sometime this spring to mount on the back of the seat and clean up the floor.
[/b]
I would like to keep my Bose Sub working, if possible. Although I do not think it will be neccessary since I will have a bigger sub in there anyway. But pics would be great or tell me exactly where to take off that stupid thing. It was night time when I went out there to look so that might have had something to do with it. I will await ur response. Very much appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
there are seriously about two dozen posts on this subject. look at some of the more recent posts; this has been covered ad nausium
to get you started:

[/b]
thin black with red strip at the bose harness

[/b]
thin tan at bose sub harness is signal reference ground

[/b]
drill your own or poke hole through main wire harness grommet at own risk

[/b]
no need to remove; but it unclips be depressing the notch

[/b]
hunderds of solutions; i mounted mine to a board attached to the trunk brace on the passenger's rr quarter

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are seriously about two dozen posts on this subject. look at some of the more recent posts; this has been covered ad nausium
to get you started:
thin black with red strip at the bose harness
thin tan at bose sub harness is signal reference ground
drill your own or poke hole through main wire harness grommet at own risk
no need to remove; but it unclips be depressing the notch
hunderds of solutions; i mounted mine to a board attached to the trunk brace on the passenger's rr quarter

[/b]

Thanks for the info... I know it has been covered, that is why I said it. I just want to make sure since I am new at trying to do installs. THe only way to learn is to ask. But I do appreaciate the suggestions and comments.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm all for DIY. multiple posts on the same subject makes it hard to find topics with the search function though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm all for DIY. multiple posts on the same subject makes it hard to find topics with the search function though.
[/b]

Well I will get back in there later today to see if I can get this Line Converter thing and run the wires by drilling a new hole. Thanks again for everyone's help. This newbie apprecaites it. :yesnod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts