Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to maximise the Base volume but still can not feel too much base come from the rear Bose subwoofer. Most of the base are from the front speaker I think. Is this normal or any way to make the rear subwoofer louder?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have tried to maximise the Base volume but still can not feel too much base come from the rear Bose subwoofer. Most of the base are from the front speaker I think. Is this normal or any way to make the rear subwoofer louder?
[/b]
This is not normal. The sub produces a lot of loud, tight bass. Even at level +2 it should be more then enough for most music.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've found putting the system to R1 (My preference) or even R2 can help with the base. Give that a try.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just took the RCA that feeds the sub, split it, fed it into my 2 channel rockford amp, and used it to pump my p3 12" sub. sounds MUCH better then the factory bose sub.

p.s. if you do this, you will need to install a ground loop silencer

joe

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I've found putting the system to R1 (My preference) or even R2 can help with the base. Give that a try.
[/b]
Errr. What's R1 or R2?? :headscrat: I go to go out there and look around.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I also think the stock sub is weak...I've never been satisfied with any stock sub from a car manufacturer

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also think the stock sub is weak...I've never been satisfied with any stock sub from a car manufacturer
[/b]
No audiophil would want a louder sub then that. Tighter, maybe, but not louder. When most of what you hear is vibration, forget about sound quality. So if all you guys want is boom boom, well, do whatever you want, but this sub is powerful enough.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I went out during to fiddle with the Radio a alittle and figured out the fader. The Bose is good but not great. Probaby good enough for me. I wish it had a more bass, but I'll leave it aone for now.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No audiophil would want a louder sub then that. Tighter, maybe, but not louder. When most of what you hear is vibration, forget about sound quality. So if all you guys want is boom boom, well, do whatever you want, but this sub is powerful enough.
[/b]
Well then I guess I wont be an "audiophil", whatever that is. I used to have 2 Alpine 10" and a 300Watt mono amp in my old car and it produced some great tight hits without the "brrrrrr, brrrrr" that I hear from a lot of 12" subs.

I prefer loud tight hits for the music that I tend to listen to and I say that my stock sub is not loud enough. I would say that there are those who agree with me since a forum topic was started about it. So if you enjoy the stock bass then sit back and save your money and time, but those of us who like to change the stock setup to suit our own tastes and try not to put down other peoples opinions.

I'm sure a good amount of people would say not to put any performance mods on their cars because it is "powerful enough" but for the rest of us "powerful enough" is not good enough.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well then I guess I wont be an "audiophil", whatever that is. I used to have 2 Alpine 10" and a 300Watt mono amp in my old car and it produced some great tight hits without the "brrrrrr, brrrrr" that I hear from a lot of 12" subs.

I prefer loud tight hits for the music that I tend to listen to and I say that my stock sub is not loud enough. I would say that there are those who agree with me since a forum topic was started about it. So if you enjoy the stock bass then sit back and save your money and time, but those of us who like to change the stock setup to suit our own tastes and try not to put down other peoples opinions.

I'm sure a good amount of people would say not to put any performance mods on their cars because it is "powerful enough" but for the rest of us "powerful enough" is not good enough.
[/b]
What I mean is, I have a 10'', 188W rms sub at home and it's totally overkill. You don't need it to be LOUDER, but to have better response and go lower in frequency. You should ear your high and mid clearly and not have the sub disturbing.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I also consider the bass on the Bose to be inadequate, for both sub power and for low frequency response.

Maybe I'm not an audiophile in the traditional sense, but I am demanding of the sound I listen to and the way I want it to sound. The Bose does not provide enough bass power, enough bass range, and enough cleanliness/tightness of bass sound to satisfy me.

I believe in a balanced sound between the whole frequency range, and that includes more bass than the current Bose system provides.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree that the Bose sub is not quite up to par. I've messed around with the settings quite a bit, and was dissappointed with the overall sound on both of my test drives. I would truely like to be wrong about this, because I love the car, and plan on getting one this spring. From what I've heard, the sub isn't as strong and the highs in the other speakers aren't as crisp as the Bose system in my father's Nissan Murano, which has the sub in the middle of the spare tire. My Pontiac has the 8 speaker Bose system, and a 10 inch Infiniti Basslink in the trunk, and it is crisp and clear throughout the tonal range. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take up trunk space in the new car, since it has a sub already, but now I wonder if the built in sub is good enough. I'm looking to achieve crisp and clear sound quality, and not something that will blow my ears out. What have people's opinions been of the overall sound system, in addition to the sub?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I thought it was alright at first but soon realized it was not enough. The SQ is also fairly poor in the bose system. Thsi coming from somebody who has completely redone stereo systems in each car he has owned with all alpine equipment. *sigh* i need to upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
opinions, opinions... that's what forums are all about

There are people here that prefer sound clarity (mids/highs) blended with stock bass!

there are also people (like me) that squash 3 twelve's in their trunk with a 4000 watt amp and are still not satisfied with the sound quality (at this point no mids or highs could be heard adequately) so then they get another amp for the mids/highs, and in the end there is so much sound in the car that you can't turn up your system because you either get pulled over, or yourgirlfriend tells you to turn it down b cuz she can feel the bass in her cervix.

but to get back on topic i've heard the bose system in the 6 and it sounds pretty shitty (no offense)

i

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the Bose in my 6. I don't listen to rap and that crap and have no need to impress people with a "bumpin" stereo. Of all the cars I've owned, this car has the best stock stereo I've had. In general, I upgrade my stereos in my cars. In this case I'll be saving that money for other things. Like some bumping wheels maybe!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I agree that the Bose sub is not quite up to par. I've messed around with the settings quite a bit, and was dissappointed with the overall sound on both of my test drives. I would truely like to be wrong about this, because I love the car, and plan on getting one this spring. From what I've heard, the sub isn't as strong and the highs in the other speakers aren't as crisp as the Bose system in my father's Nissan Murano, which has the sub in the middle of the spare tire. My Pontiac has the 8 speaker Bose system, and a 10 inch Infiniti Basslink in the trunk, and it is crisp and clear throughout the tonal range. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take up trunk space in the new car, since it has a sub already, but now I wonder if the built in sub is good enough. I'm looking to achieve crisp and clear sound quality, and not something that will blow my ears out. What have people's opinions been of the overall sound system, in addition to the sub?
[/b]
Aside from the sub I really cannot complain...except for the disc changer spitting out my CD's saying "Check CD" but that is most likely my own fault for buying crappy CDs (Damn staples and their buy 100 CDs for like $0.10) The only other problem I have...and this is a weird one, is I get proportional distortion from my Pocket_PC based on the trottle level from the power out of the cig. lighter. That's an easy fix by just running a line directly from the battery, which I will do when I'm ready for a sub and amp setup. But I think it stems from the throttle-by-wire or something crazy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have change the fader level to R6!! but still feeling the Base are too strong from the front speaker.
And my Rear view mirror is shaking..

1 - 20 of 59 Posts