Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read one posting at duratecperformance.

---------------------
Bose sub - more power!
« on: May 08, 2003, 01:57:33 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is an engine site, but seeing as they have a mazda6 forum i wanted to talk about the "powered" bose sub. There is no way that thing is pushing 100W! I have hooked up my own amp & it is much better. respond & I'll tell you how. Here is the cool part. I wrote a complaint letter to Mazda about it (very descriptive of the problem & my solution). Guess what, they called me back...even better they gave me $120 in credit to be used at a dealership! They said I was the first to complain. If enough complain, maybe they will fix it. A 10" powered sub should shake the car apart...mine does now!

http://www.duratecperformance.com/yabbse/i...ay;threadid=276
-----------------------

Is it possible? I remember reading one post here saying that Bose uses 1ohm(?) speaker so if you hock up with amp it might break the speaker. Which is true? Personally I DO want more bass power from my Bose Sub. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Bose sub - more power!??'

Previously I post one question on interior section regarding the Bose amp(?) under the passager seat. Which means, N/A Bose system has two amp? one for four speakers inside of doors and one for the sub? :sarc

I used to have one MTX 12" (bandpass) sub hocked up with pioneer deck on my old neon, which had more power then M6 Bose system. I want more power on my Bose 10" sub!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Bose sub - more power!??

It appears that the amp for the Bose sub is simply the small plastic module screwed to the underside of the subwoofer itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts