Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

well, i've heard a lot about how people say the Bose Stereo sounds good, but you have to set the base and treble, etc correctly to get the best quality sound. I'm just curious to know what people have that set to, and what they find works better for different genres. Let me know. Thanx!!!

-yasir

:attack (haha)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: Bose Stereo

Am I the only one that's confused by this? I think that bass/trebel setting are all about preferences. I thought that just turning up the base on the stereo sounded great for just about anything...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Bose Stereo'

We all hear things at different levels and tones ......adjust to your ears and enjoy :D

·
Registered
322 Posts

I just left it at defaults... +4, +4 I think it was. I found +6 bass was kinda fun for listening to drum and bass, but I also don't like too much bass that it sounds crap. I find most ppl with subwoofers turn up their bass to max and it just sounds lame... *distort* tss *distort* tss... instead of *doof* tss *doof* tss... makes a big difference to sound quality when it's not distorting :p

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i was just curious....i listen to it at the settings of +5 bass, and +6 treble. Just wondering what others were into, and if anyone found the perfect setting...i do find +6 bass to not sound very good!

-yasir

·
Registered
455 Posts

I can't seem to find a good sound no matter where I set the treble and bass. What I would like to do is turn down the midrange a bit to clean up the sound a bit but the Bose does not have this option which it should.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i found +4 bass, +5 treble is a quality setting, and quite clean, even at high volumes, tho usually with the windows up i keep the volume between 10-12, and windows down, 17-20

·
Registered
205 Posts

Originally posted by imammy

i found +4 bass, +5 treble is a quality setting, and quite clean, even at high volumes, tho usually with the windows up i keep the volume between 10-12, and windows down, 17-20[/b]
When I firsdt got the 6.. I had it at +6 treble and +5 or +6 bass.... now I'm getting the hold of it.. NOW with windows up I kinda like it at +5 treble and +4 bass..and level 1 with the ALC (Acelleration Level Control)...When the windows are down I put it at +5 and +5... both with the ALC at 2 maybe 3.. depends on the type of song... You gotta take the ALC into consideration... if it's at 0 level... everything is normal.. then if you keep your settings of bass and treble at where you have it and raise the ALC to 2 or 3.. the sound gets different and you gotta adjust the treb and bass to hear the music at a better sound.. with windows up I play VOL.... at 10-14.. windows down I play it 19-25.. coming down to the end, IT ALL depends on the song and if it has more bass or treble.. and you just have to adjust it to a right setting.. That's basically the right way of controlling a stereo system.. you gotta set the settings to match and play for each song individually.. Hope my thoughts helped

·
Registered
156 Posts

I took a demo 6 for a drive by myself and have found that the sound of the bose is completely different in the sedan to the hatch. The sub in the hatch being in the boot, just doesnt sound as good as the sedan. I also maxed out the volume in the sedan to Celine Dion and it didnt distort at all, crisp sound. Treb at 4 Bass at 4. The hatch lacks the base and didnt sound the same. But in both models the rear speakers do nothing, very low sound and sounds crappy if volume is up.

·
Registered
15 Posts

For your information, ALC stands for Automatic Level Control. This feature, when set, adjusts the volume as your speed increases or decreases. So say you go from 0 -20 mph, your volume will automatically raise to compensate for the noise that is made when moving (road noise, wind noise, etc).

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Hum
I also maxed out the volume in the sedan to Celine Dion and it didnt distort at all, crisp sound.[/b]
Not even going to go there...

·
Registered
791 Posts

hahaha... agreed, don't go there :)

Anyway, if Bose made a halfway decent product, you wouldn't need any bass or treble adjustments. It'd play back a perfectly flat response, exactly as the author intended... but it doesn't, and that's why everyone here is trying to "compensate" with the adjustments.

I think the car is much too quiet for ALC, unless the windows are down- then it's PERFECT.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

You all should have gotten the Bose CD that comes specifically for the system in the 6. I've got it and I don't even have the car yet. lol.

Very detailed as to the explanation of components, some music with many sources that are made to take advantage of the system. Especially eay to tell the best way of setting it then apparently.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I would like to listen to the music or something else but i found that my Front Right Speeker never worked, So I was cranking up the Volume all the time to compencete because I thought that the stereo sucked! Hope fully Dealer will fix this problem this weekend. Other than that I was actually thinking of replacing all of the speekers, but I dont know what Dimentions they are and what it the AMP out putt form the Head Unit. IF any one know please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

You all should have gotten the Bose CD that comes specifically for the system in the 6. I've got it and I don't even have the car yet. lol.

Very detailed as to the explanation of components, some music with many sources that are made to take advantage of the system. Especially eay to tell the best way of setting it then apparently.[/b]
Bose CD? I never got one.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by Kristoff

Very detailed as to the explanation of components, some music with many sources that are made to take advantage of the system. Especially eay to tell the best way of setting it then apparently.[/b]
Bose CD? I never got one.[/b][/quote]

Ditto, unless they hid it somewhere.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Bose Stereo'

I got one. I don't even have a 6 yet but just good friends with the sales manager for a long time.

It's an official CD and he said they got a nice few of them from Mazda Canada. Says all about BOSE and that it's a specially designed system for the 6 on the CD and in the CD.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

I got one. I don't even have a 6 yet but just good friends with the sales manager for a long time.  

It's an official CD and he said they got a nice few of them from Mazda Canada. Says all about BOSE and that it's a specially designed system for the 6 on the CD and in the CD.[/b]
Burn some copies and send 'em out will ya? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts