Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the car and I love it, the Grand Touring has a wonderful ride, I wanted to replace the speakers because I've got a rattle at high bass levels. I bought an extended warranty, and I just bought the car.

If I take it to the dealership service, am I going to be turned down because I bought the car that way? In my mind it should be fixed, but who is going to crank the volume up on the speakers on the test drive and blow the salesmans ears out. Plus I wouldn't have check the speakers anyway because I would assume they would work.

I'd even think about replacing them with aftermarket speakers but the Bose amplifier is the weak link in the chain because of the systems setup.
Could I get away with just throwing some generic speakers in? I'm sure I'd get away with it, but how bad would it be or would it be just that, "generic"?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been doing my research for when mine blows. The AR's seem to be a good option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
If the warranty covers the speakers, it should cover it in general regardless of how they were when you bought the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts