Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Applogies if this is a stupid question but im a bit of a n00b!

Ive got a 2006 Mazda 6 (non-bose)
I know a guy sellin the Bose speakers, amp and sub from a 2004 Mazda 6

I think setting up the Sub, amp and speakers is gonna be more hassel than its worth but can i fit the door speakers easily?

Is it as simple as unplugging the originals and fitting the Bose ones or is there more to it than that???

Cheers peeps!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thsi isn't a stupid question, as the speakers are actually different sizes.
I myself am looking around for all the sizes & specs of the speakers.
Not much help since I can't find the link, but I stumbled on a thread that was saying that the Bose version speakers are not so good, but that the amp equalizes them to make them sound good. There's for sure someone who has better info than me, but jsut for now, here are some info I found.

Taken from msprotege.com:
NOTE! 5x7"s and 6x8"s speakers are totaly interchangable as far as aftermarket speakers are concerned. So if you have a car with 5x7" speakers you can replace them with 6x8" speakers.

2003-UP Mazda 6:
Standard

-Front 5x7"
* Can use 6x8"s, see note above.
* Can also use 5.25"s or 6.5"s with additional work, see note above.
-Rear 5x7"
* Can use 6x8"s, see note above.
* Can also use 5.25"s or 6.5"s with additional work, see note above.
-90 amp alternator
Bose
-Tweeters - 1" @ 2ohms
-Midrange - 6.5" @ 2ohms, can also use 6x8" or 5.25"
-Rears - 5.25" @ 2ohms, can also use 6x8" or 6.5"
-Sub - 9"
-120 amp alternator
-Door speaker amp: under the passanger seat
-Sub amp: Built into the sub basket

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have a 2004 6s with Bose. They dont sound bad...but they dont sound that great either, they are definitely not worth the option when the car was first sold. I am currently running them with aftermarket subs because the lack of good, deep bass from the stock Bose sub was the first thing that I had to fix.

I would just spend my money on some good aftermarket speakers (I like pioneer premiers) or if you have the ear for sq, go with some higher end Hertz/Audison. My friend's Audison Thesis 3 way active setup is the best sounding system I have ever heard, but there's no reason to spend that kind of money if you cant hear the difference in sound quality.

In all honesty, I think the Bose system would be fine for most people if it had better sub bass and if the f'ing plastic doors didn't resonate so much. Sound deadening is next on my list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts