Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone answer this for me?
I know not to many of you look at the stickys, so I thought of opening this thread to get your attention.
Thanks!

---Aloha

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So far, only one person has hooked up an aftermarket head unit to the stock Bose system. And he didn't use RCA jacks.
I read it on the first page of this thread. Has anyone hooked up a all in one DVD head unit to the stock Bose system, using RCA jacks?
I think the Bose system sounds good enough for my taste, but, would like to change the HU to a DVD player.
Just thought I'd throw this out there. I'm also thinking of using the Metra kit, if what I want to do, can be done.
---Aloha[/b]

it is simple to do, when you install the new HU, you would leave the speaker outputs unhook, you would need to hack up an rca cord, pick a short one, and splice the cut ends into the factory wires going to the bose amp.

is this a temporary solution? upgrading the head unit only won't increase output and using stock speakers will still be your limiting factor

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the wifes happy with what the Bose amps/speakers are doing. Just want to upgrade to a all in one DVD HU, and add monitors into the head-rests.
Although, I'd like to at least upgrade the factory Bose speakers with a set of aftermarket ones (2 ohms?)
So the speaker wires from the metra kit needs RCA jacks spliced on them? Then they can be connected to the preouts on the new HU?

---Aloha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.