Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I got bored. Just waxed it (fast job). Wanted to post somthing. It looks the same as the last time I posted pics though.

I'm debating on either getting the EVO hood, or Some rubber for my rims. Summers almost over so I don't know if I want to wait untill later on to worry about the rubber since I will be using my crap 16's during winter anyways. So the hood would give me something I could add right away without having to juts take right back off. Don't know

Anyways, here you go. Quality is not the best, as I've been really sick lately (It's either an Ulcer or Acid reflux, still waiting on the test results.)
So, I just used the Auto function on the camera. Plus it's not every day you get to park in the garage next to a 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa Top with only 300 miles on it lol

·
Registered
780 Posts
3 things came to mind when i saw ur pics..

first, looks good, the drop is sweet
second, what rims u lookin to get?
and third, u have got one big garage.. i wish i had one..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 things came to mind when i saw ur pics..

first, looks good, the drop is sweet
second, what rims u lookin to get?
and third, u have got one big garage.. i wish i had one..
[/b]
LOL. naw, I wish that was my garage man, I live in a shitty 700 square foot apartment for $495 a month lol. My gf's Aunt and Uncle are both Doctors. Every time they go out of town they pay us to house sit. Their house is bigger then most buildings I've been in to plus they have their own personal full, 18 hole golf course built on to the property. I'm jelouse as hell of them. But once a month I get to live like I'm rich for 3 days lol.

I have the ALT Xfactor rims. Just no rubber on them so they are sitting in my storage area in the basement of my apartments.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hey man can you take some pics of the DVD in the map pocket?? I'm thinking about having one installed but I would like to see some pics of how it looks first. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man can you take some pics of the DVD in the map pocket?? I'm thinking about having one installed but I would like to see some pics of how it looks first. Thanks.
[/b]
I can post some pics I took already of it if you'd like. There a few months old. The last 2 are before I even had my springs on. but it should show you how it looks inside and outside.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Very nice I like the black tape being removed around the doors. To bad my car is a hatch b/c if I did that I would have a big, dumb looking, black piece left at the back window. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tape play goes on when you activate the navi? Kinda strange when you dont have a tape player LOL...maybe its the heat getting to the car? LOL
[/b]
I have the Sylfex Auxmod chip installed on the stereo. So if I want to listen to that channel through the speakers for a dvd or anything else I push the MD/TAPE button. I got the chip back when it was still available before they did this 2 years before new ones come out crap lol. I actaully had 2 at the time.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
And that targa NEEDS to be driven. Well, first it needs a major service.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are in NEED of some rims.
[/b]
I have rims. I've posted several time I have the ALT Xfactors. I just don't have any rubber on them. and I'm not really to concerned at the moment because winter is almost here. so I am going to focus on other mods that winter won't effect. I have them sitting downstairs in storage at the moment. I wanted to get that ou tof the way but I didn't have money for the whole package at the time.

And that targa NEEDS to be driven. Well, first it needs a major service.
[/b]
Yeah it does. it's sat for so long that the tires are gong flat. nd it only has 300 or so miles on it. Apparently that car. There was apparently only 350 produced it's a 1987 911 Carrera CS or whtaever.
According to this article. there is only one Targa top ever made

In 1987 another limited-edition model was presented: the Carrera CS ( Club Sport ). This model was presented as a 'light-weight' model. This meant the car was equiped with only the bare essentials. Things like electric windows, electric seats, and radio were left out. The weight saving however wasn't spectacular ( as the weight saving on the '73 RS was ); the fabric claimed 50 kg less weight but in reality it was even less.
On the outside the CS was unmistakable with it bright graphics, and red wheels. Most were delivered in 'Grand Prix'-white, but it is known that some models have been sold in other colors. All were coupés, but one Targa that was custom built for a German client. In total 340 were produced.

How true that article is. I don't know. it's still a nice 911 and I had to sit in it once. and I know the guy is ungodly rich and even though they set shit on it. He won't let anyone so much as even touch it. (he doesn't know I took the tarp off it to take pictures of my car next to it ..Bad I know. but I made sure I did nothing bad or anything...lmao)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey HedsIc, nice low shot of your 6 in the first post. You should have entered something like that in the DPChallenge Transportation.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey HedsIc, nice low shot of your 6 in the first post. You should have entered something like that in the DPChallenge Transportation.
[/b]
I did. I entered this photo

apparently people couldn't appreciate what I was going for. With the shadow conveying a light and dark side.

I never seem to do so well on DPChallenge. Like this photo almost got me booted from the site.

That was my first submission for still life. Doesn't really get more still life then a piece of dog shit on the beach you know lol Maybe they didn't like it becasue I centered the subject. Instead of using the rule of 3rds. I don't know.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ah. I have to admit I didn't get the dark/light side when I saw that shot. I like the perspective of the one here.

I think the subject matter is what got you on that one.

You should enter more often. You and Mr Stephens are the ones who told me about that site. I submitted a few but have lost interest lately. I'm going to a car show this weekend and will most likely enter the geometry challenge.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah. I have to admit I didn't get the dark/light side when I saw that shot. I like the perspective of the one here.

I think the subject matter is what got you on that one.

You should enter more often. You and Mr Stephens are the ones who told me about that site. I submitted a few but have lost interest lately. I'm going to a car show this weekend and will most likely enter the geometry challenge.
[/b]
Yeha I sort of lost interest too, I've been trying to get in to this photoshop thing lately. Learn some stuff from there. my goal is to figure out how the hell to make normal photo's look eerie or creepy but so far i've read and messed around with PS and nothing has worked so far.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check out the Dodging and Burning tutorial on there. I have no idea how to do it since I only enter basic editing challenges but the effect looks awesome.

There's so much you can do in photoshop to improve photos it's scary. Off the cuff it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't anymore.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I did. I entered this photo

apparently people couldn't appreciate what I was going for. With the shadow conveying a light and dark side.

I never seem to do so well on DPChallenge. Like this photo almost got me booted from the site.

That was my first submission for still life. Doesn't really get more still life then a piece of dog shit on the beach you know lol Maybe they didn't like it becasue I centered the subject. Instead of using the rule of 3rds. I don't know.
[/b]
:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts