Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a tailgate garnish, and to fit you need to remove the boot/trunk trim, the instructions simply state, remove the 15 fasteners holding the trim.
So, i got a flat head screwdriver, and ping, first one broke in two.

So, anyone got any ideas how to remove them ?

Cheers

Craig
UK
Proud owner of a 2 day old Mazda 6 TS2 Diesel....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The clips have a grommet that fits inside the hole and a pin that actually holds the grommet in place. Use a small flat-head screwdriver and pry up on the inside ring of each fastener until the pin sits just above the suface. Then, pull the pin as far out as you can and pry up the fastener. You also have to remove the finger cup pull to remove the liner. For this, just get your finger under the edge and snap it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I broke 4 of mine putting in the euro tails. They seem cheap anyway and universal, so I'm prolly gonna wait till after I put in my trunk handle and pick up some new ones at home depot. 5% cash back lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i actually just use my 2 index fingeres and pull em out...they still hurt, but it's the quickest way i know of...and yeah, don't forget about the trunk handle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The clips have a grommet that fits inside the hole and a pin that actually holds the grommet in place. Use a small flat-head screwdriver and pry up on the inside ring of each fastener until the pin sits just above the suface. Then, pull the pin as far out as you can and pry up the fastener. You also have to remove the finger cup pull to remove the liner. For this, just get your finger under the edge and snap it out.
Thanks for that.
Going to try it.🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts