Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the likelyhood of a broken rear sidelight/reflector segment that sweeps around the corner is causing water leakage into boot and collects around the section just below where light is situated. I've taped up the damage but still have problems. Are there any other suspects?

·
Rally Racer
2,030 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum.
Water leaks are the most difficult.
If there was any service done (body work, replaced glass) I would look there for your issues.
It could be clogged drains, faulty boot seal, window glass seal leak, tail lens leak, missing floor grommet (water coming from underneath).
Climb into the boot, shut it (rear seats down), and wait with a torch while the water sprinkler is raining down on the rear half of the car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
On my 07 I found that the seals around all the taillights had gone bad, they’re just a thin foam material and naturally wear out over time. I just used some clear silicon around all the lights on the rear of the car and my leak completely disappeared.
If you have a sunroof also check the rubber drains that run behind the panels in the trunk too I had one crack at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts