Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly sure where to post this but I am currently putting together another 2.5 fusion motor for next season hoping to run this one under a bit of boost. I have accumulated quite a few parts for my turbo kit but one thing I need help with is choosing pistons.

Ive heard lots of good things about Supertech pistons and they make a piston for the 2.5l 89mm bore but the low comp piston runs at a 9.7:1 Ratio.

Is 9.7:1 too high of a ratio if im shooting for 12-15psi on a daily driver? I already have a set of h beams and the bottom end is built except for pistons.

If it makes any difference I will be running a Cometic 87.5-89mm .051" multi layered steel head gasket.

Any advice is helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Seeing how there is no factory turbo option for that motor it is no surprise that off the shelf pistons are not readily available to drop the compression. What you want to do is talk to a piston manufacturer and see if they can cross over to a different part/part number for something that will work in your project.

Around here you won't really find anyone doing hardcore mods like adding turbos, there are a few but not many.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not exactly sure where to post this but I am currently putting together another 2.5 fusion motor for next season hoping to run this one under a bit of boost. I have accumulated quite a few parts for my turbo kit but one thing I need help with is choosing pistons.

Ive heard lots of good things about Supertech pistons and they make a piston for the 2.5l 89mm bore but the low comp piston runs at a 9.7:1 Ratio.

Is 9.7:1 too high of a ratio if im shooting for 12-15psi on a daily driver? I already have a set of h beams and the bottom end is built except for pistons.

If it makes any difference I will be running a Cometic 87.5-89mm .051" multi layered steel head gasket.

Any advice is helpful! Thanks!
I own a 2.5 fusion and my instagram is 813Fusion I would love to get the info as to what places made parts for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts