Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a pg inlet and short ram combo and am now having a low boost problem (it peaks around 10 psi). During the install i broke part of the boost control solenoid but i mended it the best i could. So my question is what is more likely the cause of the problem the solenoid or just the overall intake.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ummmmm.... hmmmmm.... tough choice .....

i think i am gonna have to go with.............................................................................................

THE PART YOU BROKE!!!!!!!

ahh yeah... i would suspect that would be it......

say hello to perrin or grimspeed.... run it bleed if you dont have an AP

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
10 PSI is spring pressure... the same that you'd get from having no ebcs. Perhaps you unplugged it, and forgot to plug it back in, or maybe you broke it. It would be an odd coincidence that you have a boost leak that causes you to run right at spring pressure. It's likely the ebcs. How exactly did you damage it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I broke the nipple off of it that goes to the inlet, so i smoothed everything down and put a hose barb to replace where it was broken. the reason i ask if its the overall intake is because Ive read somewhere that people had to use their stock airboxes with the turbo inlets due to lower boost. Not sure how correct they are but its just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
It sounds like air isn't being recirculated through to the inlet, causing the WG to see all the boost and open when boost >= spring pressure. You either broke the EBCS or somehow that nipple is now blocked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
its funny i saw this thread today... last weekend was cleaning the EGR valve cause of a CEL. had to remove the TIP while doing this. when removing the TIP i had accidently broke the nipple off of the stock TIP.... i plugged the hose with a bolt that attaches to that nipple... after putting this thing back together discovered i had a boost leak..? only getting around 10-12 at peak on the AP. im assuming now that i dont have a boost leak its prolly just because of the broken boost control solenoid line or w/e that thing is.. either way Cobb TIP is being UPS'd in tommorow so that should take care of my prob..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Ouch...I was careful doing my EGR valve cleaning and then later doing the TIP install. I can;t wait to install the new Perrin EBCS soon:D

its funny i saw this thread today... last weekend was cleaning the EGR valve cause of a CEL. had to remove the TIP while doing this. when removing the TIP i had accidently broke the nipple off of the stock TIP.... i plugged the hose with a bolt that attaches to that nipple... after putting this thing back together discovered i had a boost leak..? only getting around 10-12 at peak on the AP. im assuming now that i dont have a boost leak its prolly just because of the broken boost control solenoid line or w/e that thing is.. either way Cobb TIP is being UPS'd in tommorow so that should take care of my prob..

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Ouch...I was careful doing my EGR valve cleaning and then later doing the TIP install. I can;t wait to install the new Perrin EBCS soon:D
Did you get the new Perrin Pro ebcs with the MS6 plug? Order it from Perrin and ask for the one specific to the MS6 so you don't have to splice any wires.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Did you get the new Perrin Pro ebcs with the MS6 plug? Order it from Perrin and ask for the one specific to the MS6 so you don't have to splice any wires.
Yes I did. Should be fairly easy to install. I'm going to install it after I get back from a little weekend getaway with the GF to Galena, IL. It's always good to build up credit points with the GF just in case you get into trouble or do something wrong and then u start to lose them.....fast!!:slap:

·
Registered
295 Posts
o man, everyones starting to find out about the ms6 plug perrin. its funny how people figure it out when they haven't advertised it at all..

op sound likes you may have blocked it when trying to fix it.whenever you break something then something doesnt work right. replace that part first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts