Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were going to add the above mentioned aftermarket parts, what would be the "majority agreed upon best"?
There is the gameboy boost control, and it can be had as the gameboy advance boost and fuel control. There are Apexi controlers, I know CP-E is coming out with a fuel module...there are a thousand blow off valves, but only CP-E has the plug and play mount for the HKS valve.
I will look into the replies I get here and use the information to guide me in the search for the best and most logical solution for each part. I like the boost/fuel control that is combined with the gameboy interface, it looks like a single part solution, and after talking with them on the phone...I find that in the future they plan to add timing control to it as an upgrade that I would be able to invest in once it comes a vailable. I am not in a race to buy the wrong parts....I dont want to spend good money after bad. But...I do wish to be able to control and maximize what I put together with the best compatability and efficiancy I can. Boost and EGT gauges are a given, that is really step one for getting into modding any truck...and EGT's are of interest to me here. I may look into a wideband as well.... I have no idea what wideband is considered good without buying into to much advertising fluff and techno crap. I want what will do the job...clean and simple. So please share with me your opinions, and if you have a reason for that opinion...educate me on whay you feel that way.

I do ask that this not be an opinion bash thread...try to comment on your own opinion and dont warry about what he or she said....we can read the posts and make decisions based on the various opinions I expect we will hear.

Thanks for any help, and thank you for your time and opinion. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say as a diverse group of similar minded enthusiasts.

Larry....

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
CP-E is doing a Boost/timing/fuel all in one for under $500 IIRC.

I'm just waiting, hah

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
And waiting..... :D
Also TurboXs has made a bov flange that will be tested this week and released shortly. It will work with there bov's (which they make a ton).
Speaking of waiting, it is my opinion that the plug and play will be worth the wait. My research found the Cobb has great potential, as well as I am SURE there are at least a few more companies out there headed in this direction. For me it is the ease of returning to stock that has the appeal. Although it seems you are not concerned with this in the least (lucky bastard).
So that said I think if you have the patience to wait it should all start with ebc,fc and timing control to get the most out of whatever else you might do (oh and do not forget fuel cutoff, which WILL become a factor when raising the boost).
Just my .02

·
Registered
68 Posts
My research found the Cobb has great potential
[/b]
I agree, if Cobb can get this turned out in a timely manner this would be the way the I would lean. They are nationally known as one of the best Subaru tuners in the nation. So, if they are able to get something similar to the Speed6 this will be freakin sweet.

Also, for the best BOV out there I would think it has to be GFB or WORX would be the best choices. The only downside is that they don't offer one that will work with our flanges, but maybe you could fab something up (knowing your background).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to tune this car with a downloader thru the OBD2 port, or is the OEM software code so tightly encripted that no one can get it broke open? A downloader is the best for a guy who wants to tune and yet be able to easily go back to stock. 75% of the diesel tuners are the OBD2 port ones on the last 5 or 6 years of trucks.....chips and modules used to be the hot ticket, but the tuners are really it today. in 2008 all the diesels will be stock, or modules if the OEM's have thier way. They plan to encript the OEM computer in a way that will not allow for downloaders at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know there is a website that has free software downloads that works for the other import ECUs. I don't know the exact site address, but if someone had cracked it would be posted on openecu.com...sorry I don't know the exact address.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts